Grubstakes test

Well the good news is I don't have any stones, the bad news is my prostrate is really inlarged, and there going to try me for 30 days on a new med, to shrink it. If that don't work, it will be microwave radiation treatments. Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your going to get, or when. Grubstake

Well the good news is I don't have any stones, the bad news is my prostrate is really inlarged, and there going to try me for 30 days on a new med, to shrink it. If that don't work, it will be microwave radiation treatments. Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your going to get, or when. Grubstake

It's never fun you're the guy dealing with it.......but I know many people that have gone threw this and are fine many years later.......

for what its worth

Yeh its not fun, when you feel you got to go, then only a few drops come out, then in 10 minutes its the same thing over again, 10 trips to the john a night. My Dad had prostrate cancer. He didn't have many options open to him then, had it removed. I will not be going to do that. Mine is not cancer yet, but the DR. said we have to keep a close eye on it.Grubstake I was told that normally its about the size of a large walnut, he said mine is about the size of an orange.

Grubstake : I have been through what you are going through, but mine was a long time ago. I had the TURPS (roto-rooter) operation and it was a semi-success. (the medicines that were available at that time were ineffective.-New medicine is available and I have heard of success being acheived with the new meds.--also have heard about the radioactive seed implants and they seem to work--good luck to you and I have a feeling you will be just fine--I will say a prayer for you and put in some good words--GOOD LUCK and get well soon--Hammer.

Thanks Hammer, I'm going to be fine, I have no fear. its just taking a toll on me hear lately. luck its hot, so I'm not hunting as much as I would be. Fall is prime time up here, as soon as we get a little rain, I will be out more. I maygo this SAT. with Shep. It just depends on how hot and how I'm feeling. My Dr. said metaldetect all I want its good for me, gets my mind off of stuff and helps my heart. So theres nothing I like more. I gave up beach hunting, live too far away, don't coin hunt anymore. I'm just addicted to nugget hunting. Luck for me I can just do a 10 minute drive and go, anytime I feel like it, for an hour or all day. Grubstake

I had the roter-router about 12 yrs ago and it helped til now. The doc put me on Avodart recently to srink it but the side effects for me were my joints hurt., knees, hip, etc. Since yours is as big as it is, be very carefull because it can hurt your kidneys. Mine almost did that. They put a catheter in for about a month to let my bladder srink back down, now that causes blood clots from the srinking bladder and that's like peeing a watermelon.

Good luck, you'll be hosen with the big dawgs soon. :lol: Wyndham

Yeh yesterday was not pleasant for sure. But as we get older, we need to pay attention to changes our bodies are going through. My DR. said pain is for a reason, its a warning sign. And should be looked into. I will tell you that prostrate cancer or any other cancer is not a good way to die, I would rather go while out in the field detecting. As long as I'm able to go thats where I will be. Its good for my body and mind. So take my advice if it hurts, don't wait too long, go to the DR. see what it is. It may be nothing, or it could be a life saver. Grubstake

Hi Grubstake

If it hadn't been for bad luck you wouldn't had no luck at all! You may want to look at this new type of treatment if it turns into cancer call Theraseed and I pray for you that it don't. The site for it is www.theraseed.com/ and they will send you a free VCR tape showing you all about it. I just sent the tape and reading material to a friend in OK because he has prostrate cancer now.They say its less invasive than alot of other treatment that's done.

You taking care of it now should save you from the other word we don't like going to.The trouble with my friend is he put it off and now he's in deep poo.

Grub we are all pulling for you to get better soon and please keep us update on how your doing.

Chuck anders

Yeh, I had a nieghbor that had that done also, that really the best option. My dad had his completely removed, Bad side effects from that, he is still having trouble. We are going to keep a close eye on it, hopefully it will reduce in size with the meds. Take care. Grubstake

Hey Grubstake,

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you, and hope you will whip this thing. When I was at my doctor the other day, I asked HER (actually she is a physicians assistant, I think they are as good as doctors) if all the meds I have had prescribed are to supposed to make me live longer or better. Well we hope we can do both she says. So I say I am not really interested in living a long time but would like to feel ok and go out in a flash.

Take care and enjoy all you can, we only go around once, I am told..

~LARGO~

Your so right Gary, I'm going my way, with a detector in my hand. Just a little true story, My uncle, not the one I hunt with, his brother, had heart truble too, when he was 50 years old, he raised coon dogs, competion type. And ran in the hunts with them{big money for champions, in the breeding part of it} anyway he had a few heart attcks like I have had. The VA DR. told im David you have to quite coon hunting, and take it easy, Two weeks later he was on a competion hunt, and sat down by a tree to rest, lit a ciragarett and died right there. Yeh it was sad, but he went his way. Grubstake