FIVE MORE FOR THE NUGGET POKE!

• Admin

Hello All,

Went out today with a few friends to find some more of those gold nuggets! :D We started off in an area that has been hit pretty good in the past, but we all were hoping the water moved some stuff around. The wash did get some action, but nothing like we all were expecting. I ended up snagging a nice 1.8 Dwt piece down about 5 inches (pictures 1, 2 & 3).

Later in the day I tried another spot and snagged (4) more gold nuggets with the Coiltek Joey.

Ended up with (5) nuggets and a total weight of 4.05 Dwts for about 5 hours of swinging. The weather was awesome today with a complete cloud cover.

P.S. One of my parters snagged (2) nuggets not pictured below.

Take a look at the pictures below.

Rob Allison

Those are some great nuggets, Rob...I got out in the Bumble Bee-Mid- Bradshaws area today, thanks to Mike C., and had a great time for a full day's prospecting...First time I got to use my own new Bradshaws maps out beeping .... The iron stone was horiffic, but I put on my CT 18" DD Pro and 95% of the iron stone went away...I found a pocketfull of bullets, ferrous and so forth but, alas, not gold... I'm addicted to that iron stone infested red dirt over there in the Bradshaws...So different from where I usually hunt in the Golden Triangle around Wickenburg...Thanks, Mike...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Hello All,

Went out today with a few friends to find some more of those gold nuggets! :D We started off in an area that has been hit pretty good in the past, but we all were hoping the water moved some stuff around. The wash did get some action, but nothing like we all were expecting. I ended up snagging a nice 1.8 Dwt piece down about 5 inches (pictures 1, 2 & 3).

Later in the day I tried another spot and snagged (4) more gold nuggets with the Coiltek Joey.

Ended up with (5) nuggets and a total weight of 4.05 Dwts for about 5 hours of swinging. The weather was awesome today with a complete cloud cover.

P.S. One of my parters snagged (2) nuggets not pictured below.

Take a look at the pictures below.

Rob Allison

Very nice--I like the pic with the nugget sitting on top very cool.

Is that broken up quartz in the dirt.....that looks like the stuff I was working on saturday.

congrats

• Admin

Hello All,

Uncle Ron - There are tons of gold locations in the Bradshaw's. Not sure where you and Mike C. was, but I'm sure it was an old patch. Many of the old patches contain ironstones, fragmented quartz and red dirt. However, some of my best spots have not of those ... go figure...

DrKillStick - I'm sure there is quartz in the soil. The country rock is Granite, which is made up mostly of quartz, feldspar and mica. This spot was very rich about 100 years ago, couldn't dream of what the old-timers found there.

Karl - Everything is well on my end. Got another promotion at work, business is good and the house is holding up. :D

Take care,

Rob Allison