Just a quick Hello

Rob and gang,

Yes its the OL'29er here. I figured I'd better stop all rumors that I fell down a mine shaft or got heat stroke or any other rumor that might be running around. Just like AZ., So.Ca. deserts have been hot also. Took a couple out in May and they had some fun detecting and drywashing and yes they found some gold. Been doing alot of research for this fall and also for a book I'm thinking about writing. Spent 6 weeks on the east coast with the kids and grandkids. Hope to start back up mining at the claims by the end of Sept. Hopefully new pictures and gold will follow.

Hey Colo. Bob, Hows the Mayor of Quartzite doing?

OL'29er

Hey 29,

I thought maybe you fell in love with those gators or something and left the country.

Worse yet I had a dream that you fell on that big ol rock and couldn't get back out. :lol::lol::rolleyes::unsure:

You know the one I'm talking about, that has got to be golden. :blink:

Good to have ya back.

Bob T.

Thanks bob. I did get to do some relic hunting on an old Civil War battle field. The hunt was totally controled by the historial sociality. Pay $25.00, use there detectors, can not keep what you find and no pictures allowed. Man what a deal. Did it anyway and was glad I did. I found 25 CSA bottons, part of a banoynet and several pair of those shoulder flap things. I jsut wished I could have taken a few pictures.

Bob

Hey 29,

I thought maybe you fell in love with those gators or something and left the country.

Worse yet I had a dream that you fell on that big ol rock and couldn't get back out. :lol::lol::rolleyes::unsure:

You know the one I'm talking about, that has got to be golden. :blink:

Good to have ya back.

Bob T.

The next time my wife and I go out to the Park we will take some pictures of a few more interesting ones. It amazes me what millions of years can do to granite.

Bob

Hi 29'er,

Did they tell you why you couldn't take pictures? What harm would cause? I can understand that they wouldn't let you keep anything, but taking pictures? Just curious.

sourdough

Sourdough, No reason given at all. They did thank me.

Bob

Sourdough, No reason given at all. They did thank me.

Bob

Geezzz Bob,....I'd almost feel as if I were used to a degree :( considering you finds......reminds me of the days of the "high graders"! Of course they didn't have to give it back..... but you did!

Were you "scoped" out further before leaving.....i.e. pocket change in a basket or boots being removed?

Heck, was this one of those "battlefield Airport Loading Zones"???.... My sence of humor digresses.

Dang that is a bit draconian!....No Pic's...what the Hell is this all about, some kind of "Top Secret" territory, give me a break!!???

Gary

• Admin

Hello 29,

Been pretty busy myself with work and the business. Have some new ideas for the business this year, so hopefully I can get them complete before the Winter season.

Was curious how you been doing, figured the heat was keeping most out of the goldfields. Been doing pretty well over here with the GPX-4000 on small gold. Haven't found anything real big, but pretty much been crumb crunching old spots and hitting a few new ones.

Hoping I can get out California way with Winter to meet you. Hope you continue to contribute on the forums like you have done in the past.

Wishing you the best,

Rob Allison

Hello 29,

Been pretty busy myself with work and the business. Have some new ideas for the business this year, so hopefully I can get them complete before the Winter season.

Was curious how you been doing, figured the heat was keeping most out of the goldfields. Been doing pretty well over here with the GPX-4000 on small gold. Haven't found anything real big, but pretty much been crumb crunching old spots and hitting a few new ones.

Hoping I can get out California way with Winter to meet you. Hope you continue to contribute on the forums like you have done in the past.

Wishing you the best,

Rob Allison

I fully intend to continue to post for you and all the members. Below is a post I made on the WSPA Clubmembers only post.

Good evening everyone. We the OL'29er went did it again. That storm Dean kinda cooled it down here in good old 29 Palms. It was 87 degrees at 11am when a friend called and asked if we could go mining. Well he caught me at a weak moment and I said yes, loaded the truck picked him up and we were on the road by noon and digging dirt by 1:30pm. Now we thought that we would get a few buckets bring them home and run them later. Well the weather was nice, no bees and sweet breeze. We finished cleaning up the loose stuff the Micro-Nugget and I knocked down back in May and ran it all. I'm attaching pictures of before and after the work. the first one is the end of the day and the second one is the start.

OL"29er