"Monday's Gold Nugget Finds"

• Admin

Hello All,

Leaverite and I headed to the Mountains Monday morning. We spent about 6 hours hitting some old and new spots. We both ended up with some gold nuggets. Nothing real big, but enough to keep the skunk away and our detector skills polished for the winter season. :D

Gold nuggets on the left are Leaverites, mine on the right side. All the gold nuggets were found with Minelab GPX-4000's and Coiltek Joey Mono's and Coiltek 14-inch Mono Round's.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

I really love the GPX-4000. The more I use it the more I find out about it. Most of the stuff Leaverite and I are finding are small, but just goes to show what other detectors have missed at depth. Finding the small ones also keeps are skills up for this coming Winter prospecting season. I have tons of places to hit, many new ones and a few old patches.

Would like to get back to California also.

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Gaine,

Ya, we do know what a skunk looks like, but we try to keep him away as much as possible. Leaverite went out during the week and scored a few more gold nuggets. We both are heading out tomorrow morning to check out a spot that hasn't been worked in some time. I'm hoping the Summer Monsoon's done some action there, if not, it could be a dry "skunk" run!! :(

P.S. Glenn, Dennis and I are signed up for Week 2 at Moore Creek. I believe I seen you down for Week 1, is that correct?

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Reno Chris,

Thanks! ;) Found 10 more smaller gold nuggets today before it got too darn hot. Can't wait for the winter to arrive.

Congrats on your recent Sierra gold nuggets finds. Leaverite made a comment this morning about you hunting in short. :P I think he was jealous since it's nice and cool up there.

P.S. You going back to Moore Creek in 2008?

Rob Allison

Why not hunt in shorts? We've got no cactus and the elevation is too high for poison Oak.

Unfortunatly, the 2008 family vaction buget has been spoken for - I'm taking the wife on a cruise.

So I am going to Alaska with my wife, but I wont be doing any prospecting.

Oh well. Maybe someday I'll be back at Moore. The 2006 trip was really great.

Maybe one of these times I can meet up with you and Dennis in California.

Chris