Day 1 of dredge trip, 2 to go ( unless I break a leg)

Hey Vini, you really got some super concentrated material there or did you already clean it up some? What size dredge you using? My 15 year old dredge leaves a LOT more "rock" than that. Last year I dredged in 40 degree water in Maine and 45 degree water in Georgia and have never warmed up since !! My Florida blood is too thin for that so I'll just follow your adventures until the water warms up. Ken

Hey Ken there was very little blonde sand and granite once I got done dredging, when I get that thing running right and tuned in its a great dredge, early 90's 3 " keene with a lot of miles on her.

I did clean up everything with with 30 mesh concentrator but all I got is about a quart of blonde sand and pebbles it was all most pure black sand where I was dredging, these beachs are concentrated by the tides in the river, each sand bar is in between huge granite rocks so the rocks act just like a sluice with riffles heres a shot of where I was. I was in the first sand bar to the right theres an even bigger one upstream about 300 feet they all hold gold.

I didn't really get very cold until I had to dunk my head under water that was literally Breathe taking had to do it 3 times to find my wrench which now has a rope tied to it hanging off the dredge frame.

Wow, you don't find many places like that. I talked to a fella near Dahlonega, Georgia once who came real close to sinking his dredge by filling the sluice with a lot of black and garnet sand. Came up just in time. She was starting to lean badly. Where I was going required being completely underwater. I stay pretty warm until the head has to go under. Then the hood doesn't help. I looked at getting a wetsuit heater but never got around to it. Keep the pics coming. I think everyone enjoys them. Ken

YEah I know some of you guys are snow and iced in HEH HEH since i'm in a valley belowe the Sierras we dont get snow here and where I go is just below the snow line quite a ways I feel lucky to have it.

The first picture here is just above where I work, theres pools in there that need to be checked out for sure but its all about drgging the dredge over boulders or dragging it threw the water either way hard work.

The second pic is downstream from me and needs a lot of checking out, theres some spots with cracks in that granite that go all the way down into the river bed that are probably full I have heard a few storys one being $15,000 worth found in a crack and that was a long time back.

Back in the days before they put the dam in down stream that area had a lot of mines only a few left in the hill sides and theres a cave down stream about 2 miles thats pretty interesting I have heard I need to make a day trip there one day. Day 3 going down into the gorge 2 very nice looking healthy gals were getting there gear on to go caving, we just about said forget dredging lets go spelunking :lol:

I screwed up last night and put the charger on 6 volt instead of 12 bolt the battery lasted about 10 minutes this morning blue bowling :blink: