Question for some that know about claims

I have question for some of you that know more claims. I found a spot that seems that would be what everyone would be looking for. River bed grave placed way up on top of a hill somewhere like 300 feet above the creek. I’m pretty sure this stuff was placed here thousands of years ago if not longer. I think that because half way between this and the creek are railroad tracks that have been there over a hundred years. Being this is railroad property it makes it privet. That’s the sweet part being that I work for the railroad I have permission to be on the property. I have looked it over cant find really any sings of it being worked. The thing is it has a claim on the area. (Not claimed by the railroad.) can the claim over lap the privet part? I know the railroad would prosecute any outsider doing anything even walking near the tracks. So how do I approach this? Normally I would just move on but being that nuggets up 18 oz have been found in that stream I would like a shot at it.

...... Being this is railroad property it makes it privet. That’s the sweet part being that I work for the railroad I have permission to be on the property.

Ok.....hmm, your on the inside of things.....railroad!

I have looked it over cant find really any sings of it being worked. The thing is it has a claim on the area. (Not claimed by the railroad.) does the claim over lap the privet part?

How would anyone here know if that were the case unless you/they did additional research on their own. Where is this said 'railroad property' and 'claim' located and what overlapping issues are you worried about with respect to the 'railroad' that you can do your own "searching" on?

I know the railroad would prosecute any outsider doing anything even walking near the tracks. So how do I approach this?

Ahh.....You Work for the Railroad don't you?

Normally I would just move on but being that nuggets up 18 oz have been found in that stream I would like a shot at it.

A shot at what?.....from all appearence in your post, your looking/fishing for "something else"!??

Gary

Ok.....hmm, your on the inside of things.....railroad!

How would anyone here know if that were the case unless you/they did additional research on their own. Where is this said 'railroad property' and 'claim' located and what overlapping issues are you worried about with respect to the 'railroad' that you can do your own "searching" on?

Ahh.....You Work for the Railroad don't you?

A shot at what?.....from all appearence in your post, your looking/fishing for "something else"!??

Gary

Im not looking to jump on someon else's claim. My question is, dose the claim have any merite on the privet property part. I wouldn't think so but not knowing the laws i thought i would ask. Im just going of what i see on geocumonicator.gov the claim looks to over lap on to the railroad property.

I'm no expert but generally speaking utility railroad and others work on right of way claim. Which is not always private property. And the claim owner owns the right to collect minerals on the same propery. Which in all aspects works as long as the railroad is passing though and the miner is collecting mineral. If the miner decided to use a cart to roll out to his claim that would violate his right. If the railroad (or is employees) were to collect mineral on the miners claim it would be out side their rights. I know it can be tempting to want to go on some sweet looking area however it my no be the right thing to do. However it's always been my attitude to ask the claim owner if they would not mind me going out there. 75% don't mind with some kind of agreement for trade. I think that might be the way to go.

What has more than likely happened here is the railroad only owns the surface rights not the mineral rights. The land is therefore open for mineral entry by the claim holder I'm sure the claim is valid but look into it.

It also my have been held as a active claim from the time before the railroad was in place also making it a legitimate claim. It is easy to find out call B.L.M.

Later,Matt

What has more than likely happened here is the railroad only owns the surface rights not the mineral rights. The land is therefore open for mineral entry by the claim holder I'm sure the claim is valid but look into it.

It also my have been held as a active claim from the time before the railroad was in place also making it a legitimate claim. It is easy to find out call B.L.M.

Later,Matt

The claim is valid. Only for the last 4 or 5 years. Not a problem ill stay off it. Plenty of other areas. Ill keep a eye on it see if it is kept up. Thanks for the help.