Hello all...newbie here :)

Hi Nathan

Where do you call home?The first thing it helps to be in some kind of what we call gold country.I m

here in Texas so you know I'm high and dry on finding any gold that is detectable.

We do have alot of people that can just walk out their back door swing their detector and find gold.

O'h did I say I'm glad to have you,well I am and you just chime in any time you wish.As you can see I'm Ridge Runner a old friend of mine gave me that name when CB's was the thing.

The best to you!

Didn't Rob give you some of his GPS location of some of the nuggets he's found? He may not do that anymore. :rolleyes:

Chuck Anders

Test it till your confident. No use in prospecting if you don't know your machine. Get used to the tones and know what it can and can't do. I don't know about your detector but mine didn't start finding gold until we had a good understanding. Be systematic in your search not just walking around thinking your going to find the motherlode. When you leave an area you should know in your mind that there is no way that there is any detectable gold is in this section(at least with that detector) So good luck and enjoy your new toy.

Jay

Hi Nathan

Where do you call home?The first thing it helps to be in some kind of what we call gold country.I m

here in Texas so you know I'm high and dry on finding any gold that is detectable.

We do have alot of people that can just walk out their back door swing their detector and find gold.

O'h did I say I'm glad to have you,well I am and you just chime in any time you wish.As you can see I'm Ridge Runner a old friend of mine gave me that name when CB's was the thing.

The best to you!

Didn't Rob give you some of his GPS location of some of the nuggets he's found? He may not do that anymore. :rolleyes:

Chuck Anders

I am in the Prescott Arizona area. It seems to be a good central point to start from :)

Thanks for having me and thanks in advance to all who are patient through my questions.

Nathan

Hey Nathan

I don't think you need to move being you are already in God's gold country.It may have been best you didn't tell where you live being everybody and his brother will want to come to see you.

Get out and find some gold today.

Best to you!

Chuck Anders

Thanks Chuck. I thought Gold Prospecting with a Metal Detector an appropriate hobby considering my location. Now...where is the best place around here to go? :D lol...only been out once, to Upper Lynx Creek and found a lot of pieces or barbed wire (very deep) and an old rusty pair of pliers. :)

Nathan.

I would say your best bet would be to join one or two of the prospecting clubs so you have access to their claims and can meet others that share the hobby. the roadrunners I think is a local club.....Good Hunting...Geo

Nathan

Seeker is right join a club.24K is the top price but I'd say it's the best for gold.Weaver Mining is a good one with a price of 35 a year and GPAA is about 79 for the first year and about 60 each year after that.

The nice thing being a member of a club you have a right to be on that claim.Now get out there start swing that detector and dig everything plus keep it slow.By that I mean cover the ground with each sweep over lap with the coil.Get the best headphones that fit good around your ear's.The more small trash you find like shoe tack's that been there forever you know you are doing it right and in time one will be a gold nugget.

I want to see you post here soon with your first nugget!

Chuck Anders

Nathan

Seeker is right join a club.24K is the top price but I'd say it's the best for gold.Weaver Mining is a good one with a price of 35 a year and GPAA is about 79 for the first year and about 60 each year after that.

The nice thing being a member of a club you have a right to be on that claim.Now get out there start swing that detector and dig everything plus keep it slow.By that I mean cover the ground with each sweep over lap with the coil.Get the best headphones that fit good around your ear's.The more small trash you find like shoe tack's that been there forever you know you are doing it right and in time one will be a gold nugget.

I want to see you post here soon with your first nugget!

Chuck Anders

I have a MineLab Eureka Gold, Grey Ghost headphones and a 15in WOT Coiltek Coil (Using the Eureka's stock 10in eliptical for now) I will certainly post a picture of my ear to ear grin when I find my first nugget. I'm still researching the best (and legal) places to go, clubs, etc. I know that I'm in a good area to branch out from. So far I have dug nothing but trash (still figuring out the Disc mode) but I have been impressed with how deep I was able to find a very small piece of wire and successfully dig it. Practice Practice Practice. Thanks for your support so far :)

Nathan.