? for Trinityau and BigEd and others

Heya's everyone. Been lurking for a while as i can and as time permits. Anyways im also up here in Weaverville and have had the fortune of using a neighbors "windy" for those that know him, GB1. Anyways i spent some time up in Helena area and didnt happen upon any gold but did find a ton of tacks and square nails. My question is im going to purchase my own stick and am not sure the way to go for our particular soil around here. Will be hunting mostly in the alps area, bedrock, tailings areas etc etc Maybe a little creek work also. I've narrowed it down to getting GB2, Minelab eureka gold or saving a while longer and getting a SD2100v2. What do you locals think? also would be interested in hearing what you guys use also.

Thanks a ton in advance

Corky

aka

The ambulance guy

Corky,

How you doing! I'm a long time lurker too. My Daughter is heading up your way today for Basketball Playoff...all the way from Wheatland, CA. I'm a dredger, but in the Winter months I do use my Whites MXT, it's a fair machine for gold...I'd compair it to the Eureka (some say I don't know what I'm talking about). But I have found gold with it, your neck of the woods there is plenty of exposed bedrock and shallow bedrock and mounds of tailings. Used machines both MXT and Eureka shouldn't run much over $500. You might have to hunt around Ebay and other gold forums to get the best price. Good hunting

LuckyLundy

Heya's everyone. Been lurking for a while as i can and as time permits. Anyways im also up here in Weaverville and have had the fortune of using a neighbors "windy" for those that know him, GB1. Anyways i spent some time up in Helena area and didnt happen upon any gold but did find a ton of tacks and square nails. My question is im going to purchase my own stick and am not sure the way to go for our particular soil around here. Will be hunting mostly in the alps area, bedrock, tailings areas etc etc Maybe a little creek work also. I've narrowed it down to getting GB2, Minelab eureka gold or saving a while longer and getting a SD2100v2. What do you locals think? also would be interested in hearing what you guys use also.

Thanks a ton in advance

Corky

aka

The ambulance guy

:D Welcome Corky,

Would recomend the Eureka Gold, w/the Coiltek 15 WOT coil its water proof and gives it much more depth, I primarily use GP-3500. There is hot ground in a lot of places up here, and the Eureka will handle most area's.

P.S.

no matter what detector you get, you will find lots of nails & lead, junk :blink:

Take care,

Ed

Thanks a ton in advance

Corky

aka

The ambulance guy

HEY CORKY, TRINITYAU HERE, YOU KNOW ME AS RAY AT CRYSTAL AIR, I WOULD AGREE WITH BIG ED ON THE EUREKA GOLD. I CAN PUT YOU ONTO SEVERAL GUYS AND A GIRL IN OUR AREA THAT HAVE PURCHASED A EUREKA GOLD AND LEARNED HOW TO USE IT EFFECTIVELY , AND ALL WERE PRETTY CLOSE TO HAVING ENOUGH MONEY OUT OF THE GOLD FOUND TO BUY A BIGGER MACHINE WITHIN A YEAR. WE HAVE ALOT OF PLACES IN TRINITY COUNTY TO FIND DETECTABLE GOLD, NOT LARGE PIECES, MOSTLY CRUMB PATCHES. YOU LEARN HOW TO USE A EUREKA AND THE CRUMBS ADD UP, BUY A BETTER MACHINE AND GET BIGGER, DEEPER NUGGETS. I WOULD BE GLAD TO TAKE YOU OUT FOR A DAY AND SHOW YOU HOW TO USE IT. IF YOU DECIDE ON A EUREKA GOLD I THINK YOUR BEST DEAL WOULD BE WITH ROB. YOU CAN BUY ONE A FEW DOLLARS CHEAPER AT ONE OF THE DETECTOR WAREHOUSES, HOWEVER YOU WILL NOT GET THE QUICK AND REPUTABLE SERVICE AS YOU WILL FROM ROB ALLISON. HE USUALLY THROWS IN A COUPLE OF ITEMS THAT YOU CAN REALLY USE WHICH HELPS ALOT FOR A BEGINNER.

TRINITYAU

Heya Ray been trying to get down to the shop forever to talk with ya about highbanking and stuff. Paramedic school has me to freakin busy lately though, as im sure your aware with reno's stress level. Ok good deal, seems the Eureka Gold is the way to go to start with. Was considering waiting for a while and getting a SD2100v2 or SD2200. But i think your right, ill get the Eureka and let it pay for the next machine. Hopefully ill get to the shop soon and we can chat. Oh fyi, when i was working halfmoon in helena the other day was told by the ppl who own the land there that they were going to turn over the soil behind the barn this week. i've been on shift since sunday morning so not sure if they have yet or not. Might be something worth checking out.

:D Welcome Corky,

Would recomend the Eureka Gold, w/the Coiltek 15 WOT coil its water proof and gives it much more depth, I primarily use GP-3500. There is hot ground in a lot of places up here, and the Eureka will handle most area's.

P.S.

no matter what detector you get, you will find lots of nails & lead, junk :blink:

Take care,

Ed

Glad to hear a good review of the 15in WOT from Coiltek...just bought a Eureka Gold and the 15in Coiltek. Where should I go now? lol...I live in the prescott area and I do not know, yet, where I am legally allowed to detect...

Nathan.

HEY CORKY, TRINITYAU HERE, YOU KNOW ME AS RAY AT CRYSTAL AIR, I WOULD AGREE WITH BIG ED ON THE EUREKA GOLD. I CAN PUT YOU ONTO SEVERAL GUYS AND A GIRL IN OUR AREA THAT HAVE PURCHASED A EUREKA GOLD AND LEARNED HOW TO USE IT EFFECTIVELY , AND ALL WERE PRETTY CLOSE TO HAVING ENOUGH MONEY OUT OF THE GOLD FOUND TO BUY A BIGGER MACHINE WITHIN A YEAR. WE HAVE ALOT OF PLACES IN TRINITY COUNTY TO FIND DETECTABLE GOLD, NOT LARGE PIECES, MOSTLY CRUMB PATCHES. YOU LEARN HOW TO USE A EUREKA AND THE CRUMBS ADD UP, BUY A BETTER MACHINE AND GET BIGGER, DEEPER NUGGETS. I WOULD BE GLAD TO TAKE YOU OUT FOR A DAY AND SHOW YOU HOW TO USE IT. IF YOU DECIDE ON A EUREKA GOLD I THINK YOUR BEST DEAL WOULD BE WITH ROB. YOU CAN BUY ONE A FEW DOLLARS CHEAPER AT ONE OF THE DETECTOR WAREHOUSES, HOWEVER YOU WILL NOT GET THE QUICK AND REPUTABLE SERVICE AS YOU WILL FROM ROB ALLISON. HE USUALLY THROWS IN A COUPLE OF ITEMS THAT YOU CAN REALLY USE WHICH HELPS ALOT FOR A BEGINNER.

TRINITYAU

I can vouch for purchasing from Rob. I just (last Thursday) purchased a Eureka Gold and the Coiltek 15in WOT. Fair pricing and a few free goodies. He was courteous and understanding that I was anxious to get my hands on it. Only been out once so far....I'm in the Prescott Area...anyone know of some good, public, productive areas I can swing over? :)

Nathan.