advise needed

what do you guys think?? i have a link on a Minelab SD2200 for $1100. Seller states is like new with 2 coils. was produced in 2001 so not sure if its a D or V2 as im not familiar when the changeover occured. he also states he hasnt tweaked it nor has he sent it in to minelab for software updates yet. i havent put y hands on it yet to look at model number as he isnt local, but ill be talking with him later. deal? or no deal?

As far as I know, the difference is the V2 has the blue control box ,and the S bend shaft . The machines I believe are the same other than that. They both auto tune, auto GB, have audio boost,and both discriminate with a DD coil (if you chose to do so).

I`m no expert though.....

There is no functional difference between the two models....Minelab does not upgrade units...they do install currently available replacement parts when they make repairs. In other words you can't buy a 2200 and have them change it into a 3500 or 4000. If you buy a 2200 you might consider a signal enhancer as the signal strength was a bit weak...

fred