Avoiding Claim Jumping...

Hello again, Super Newbie here (lol). Are there any internet resources to find out if a certain area is claimed or not? I would like to do some detecting this weekend (weather permiting) and hoping to find some way of knowing whether or not an area is claimed.

Thanks in advance.

Nathan.

MINING CLAIMS

County: State laws require filing the original location

notice or certificate in the county recorder’s office,

county clerk’s office, or borough office. The proper

county or borough is the one in which your claim or

site is located. Each State has its own requirement for

when a location notice must be filed and recorded.

The maximum period is 90 days from the staking of

your claim or site on the ground. However, some States

require earlier filings, such as 60 or 30 days from the

date of location.

Nathan

Just before you get to Congress coming from Prescott you pass the road that goes to Stanton.Now after you pass that road look to your left as you go up the hill and you will see a cafe Bar but next to it is Weaver Mining Company(Real Estate).Bring with you about 35 dollars and go into Weaver Mining,get a membership.

Now you have the right to do whatever you wish on these claims and you don't get shot in the butt for being where you don't belong.

This is the only way to go and be able to enjoy yourself.It is well worth the money you put out and it's good for one year plus if you want your wife is free with your membership.

Now Nathan go have fun!

Chuck Anders

Nathan: Ridge Runner's direction were a little confusing. After you pass the road going to Stanton/Rich Hill

keep on heading toward Congress...about a mile past the Stanton/Rich Hill turn off look to the left as he said and you will see a building containing a bar, the Frog Rock Cafe and next to it there is an overhead like gas stations used in the old days and that is the building where the Weaver Minung Association is located.

Good luck on your hunt and find a nugget .

Don

Weaver Mining District is a very good choice and starting point for you, Nathan...Les Bender is the guy you'll want to talk to...He's the head guy for WMD and is very helpful...Ask him to show you some gold and give you some pointers...He sells my maps there and can give you some "X's" on them for the best areas to start...Cool thing about the Weaver claims is that you're on "Trophy Nugget" ground...The famous Tongue Nugget, more than 2 lbs., was found on the Weaver claim south of the Octave Cemetary...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

• Admin

Hello Nathan,

Too bad you can't hook up with us tomorrow. I will be conducting field instructions for several new Minelab users. I send you an email with some information about the Weaver Mining claims. I'm also an active member of that club.

Thanks for the business. Lets get together soon so I can give you those lessons. ;)

Rob Allison

Hello Nathan,

Too bad you can't hook up with us tomorrow. I will be conducting field instructions for several new Minelab users. I send you an email with some information about the Weaver Mining claims. I'm also an active member of that club.

Thanks for the business. Lets get together soon so I can give you those lessons. ;)

Rob Allison

Sounds excellent Rob. I appreciate your patience :) Happy Detecting tomarrow (or today if you are reading this sunday night)

Nathan.