Ok, for all you doubters out there, here is, I believe, the first nugget found with the new Whites PI detector. I can't say any more about where, but I found it just recently. Ground was hot and it was about 6 inches deep. Weighs 1.3 dwt. Still doing some testing to try to figure out the best settings and tips for getting the most out of it.

I know it's been said before, but be patient, it's coming soon to a dealer near you.

Digger Bob

Digger Bob

That's the way to go on the gold but just what type of coil are you using??Was the signal one that's jumps out at you are was it a more low mellow tone?Now the cats is out of the bag and we know it can find gold but can it use DD and mono coils??

It would help if you had pointed that camera a little higher.I know you have had so many hits on this subject but I'm like a old mother hen waiting for her chick to hatch and I'm been sitting on this egg to long.

Bob thanks for posting the picture of the gold you found and can you say if you have found smaller nuggets than that??

Chuck Anders

PS If you need someone to go with you to dig and take pictures just let me know. :rolleyes:

If that coil is what he is using with the prototype PI.You can see the same looking one on Whites site and it does look the same.It's call a 12in. concentric designed for the DFX,MXT and M6.I know what you see on the outside may not be what's on the inside.

Chuck

Hi Digger,

Thats real nice, but as stated, you need to get the camera

A little further back, and compose the photo a little better. :unsure:

We already know what your gold findin' hands look like... :lol:

Hope to see you this summer...

I might even let you in on a secret place

I learned about, where I've heard theres

LOTS of nuggets... <_<

~LARGO~

Hey Cougar Jim

I like your price but I too don't think it will be that low but more like 1495.00. I hope they read your post on the color with black box and gold lettering.All their detectors have the black box already so it's just a matter of the lettering.

Chuck Anders

Hi,

I hope the use the new matte black color scheme on the MXT 300 and DFX 300. It gives the units a distinct military/industrial look and is far less prone to light scratching then the glossy black. Even the new decals look better - more subdued. I don't like sticking out like a sore thumb when I'm detecting.

Steve Herschbach

Steve

Has the 300 hit the market yet because I don't see it on Whites site??Just what is it doing to make it better on the MXT and DFX?

Chuck

The way I understand it is the MXT300 and DFX300 was designed for Europe and other countries

and as far as the improvements they are the same detectors with just another Coil.

(Super 12 I believe)

Hi,

Nope, not for Europe per se. Unless Alaska is Europe? I a couple on hand and have a bunch more due in any minute.

Same basic units with new paint job and decals and 12" coil as stock. List price is $100 more than units with 950 coil. You can still get the 950 version if you wish. Basically, this is jst a way for people who want the 12" coil to get it without having to shell out an extra $250. The coil was very popular at Ganes Creek last summer and so I expect the MXT 300 will pretty much replace the 950 version in Alaska.

You do get a tad more depth due to the larger coil but there is no difference in the units otherwise.

Steve Herschbach

Digger Bob

That's the way to go on the gold but just what type of coil are you using??Was the signal one that's jumps out at you are was it a more low mellow tone?Now the cats is out of the bag and we know it can find gold but can it use DD and mono coils??

It would help if you had pointed that camera a little higher.I know you have had so many hits on this subject but I'm like a old mother hen waiting for her chick to hatch and I'm been sitting on this egg to long.

Bob thanks for posting the picture of the gold you found and can you say if you have found smaller nuggets than that??

Chuck Anders

PS If you need someone to go with you to dig and take pictures just let me know. :rolleyes:

It was a very strong, loud signal. Smaller nuggets give the same strong response, just not as deep, like all detectors. I won't hazard a response here as to how small or how deep. And I'm sure ya'll know why only the loop I was "using" is showing in the picture. Oh, and it handles hot ground very well.

Digger

Bob

Thanks for the reply on the sound.I guess it's hard walking around nugget hunting with a detector that everyone wants to know about. I'd also guess it looks like any one of Whites detectors so it don't stand out.Was it you that went to grubstake location to do some nugget hunting there??If it was you,you must have got Grub to sign in blood not to say a word and I can assure you he has not.

What I think is you are finding so much gold you'll just keep telling Whites you need to do more testing. :blink::rolleyes::D

I know better than that Bob but I'm glad you are one of the men pick for the job.

Post when you can!

Chuck Anders

Hi Fred!

White's units these days are high in water resistance. I never even used a rain cover on my MXT at Ganes Creek in pouring down rain. So while I do not thing "rain-proof" would be the proper term I know I'll be using the units both at Moore Creek and at the beach. I sold all the Infiniums and plan on replacing them with the White's unit.

Being able to chest or hip mount certainly helps.

Steve Herschbach