New California Gold Rush News Item

In the USAToday the other day there was an article very similar to this one.

I guess gold is where it's at. :rolleyes:

RagMan, Here's a link to the article in USA Taday you make mention of.....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2009-...ldpanning_N.htm

Kinda funny.....I seem to know one of the individuals referenced to in the article :rolleyes: but I thought he was retired.....well maybe, but only from the 9 to 5 shakedown! :lol:

Jennifer, keep up the good work. Considering the crew that you walked into, I'm seeing a lot of overheating "coils"! :lol::lol::lol:

Gary

RagMan, Here's a link to the article in USA Taday you make mention of.....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2009-...ldpanning_N.htm

Kinda funny.....I seem to know one of the individuals referenced to in the article :rolleyes: but I thought he was retired.....well maybe, but only from the 9 to 5 shakedown! :lol:

Jennifer, keep up the good work. Considering the crew that you walked into, I'm seeing a lot of overheating "coils"! :lol::lol::lol:

Gary

She's not hard on the eyes, for sure; but perhaps doesn't like it mentioned (as maybe she feels it undermines her as being a serious detectorologist, or something :unsure: ).

She's not hard on the eyes, for sure; but perhaps doesn't like it mentioned (as maybe she feels it undermines her as being a serious detectorologist, or something :unsure: ).

Thanks Ragman.. it's ok though, let him have his fun... he lives in Ranch Cucamonga after all... :P

I use to live in RC, on Placer St. funny as that is now that I'm into gold...it was just near Arrow Route between Archibald and Haven I believe... bunch of apartments at the corner... 9933 Placer St.... what a feces hole that place was...uggh

I use to work at the Radio Shack on Haven and a couple other local places.

Jen

… let him have his fun... he lives in Ranch Cucamonga after all... :P

I deserve the “raspberries†:P and :spank:

We were close neighbors…..my daughter lived in an apartment complex on Arrow Route, not very far from yours, same vicinity and said the same thing about it as you.

This whole area has really changed in the 20+ years we've been here!

Never been to the Radio Shack you mention on Haven…..what about the Radio Shack in Upland, on Foothill Blvd.?

Gary

I deserve the “raspberries†:P and :spank:

We were close neighbors…..my daughter lived in an apartment complex on Arrow Route, not very far from yours, same vicinity and said the same thing about it as you.

This whole area has really changed in the 20+ years we've been here!

Never been to the Radio Shack you mention on Haven…..what about the Radio Shack in Upland, on Foothill Blvd.?

Gary

That area changed a LOT, due partially to two things... Valley Pre-trial (I think that's what we called it, over on Haven Ave.) moving in (and them moving all the trailer trash from Ontario Pre-Trial over into Rancho Cucamonga), and the Air Force base in San Berdo shutting down a while back. I lived there in the mid 80's and I went back a few years back and was STUNNED to see how it had changed. When I lived on the corner of Haven and Arrow, there was a little grocery store with a phone booth out front, dirt parking lot etc. Now Arrow is a busy road... amazing.

I'd been to the one in Upland up on Foothill I recall... but I won't admit that I ever went into "The Toy Box" in the same town..<evil smile>

Jen :rolleyes:

Jennifer,

I would like to discuss something you mention here but I would like to do so via a PM or email.....what say you? My email addy is available in my profile or site.

The entire area which we've discussed was massive vineyard fields in the 80's.....they're gone! :(

I worked at that same AFB in San Bernardino after its shut-down putting together a transitional cop-shop on the base while their new building was being built in the town proper, which I also worrked on for a brief time during construction.

I was told by the Lt. in charge of the transitional CS project, that AF1 had landed on the main runway after base closure and kicked up so much dust deposited from the winds the night before, that the event timing was delayed a tad so the cameras could could get clear footage.....!?? :rolleyes:

Gary