April Fool's Day Gold

A hunting buddy & I headed out to a patch today! We've had some good luck in the past on such day's as Friday 13th with El Dorado's "Palm Nugget", so why not April Fools Day? It didn't take long before some color was popping out of the ground. Both my hunting buddy for the day and I have had a few day's in a row with a case of the skunk's...well we got rid of it today! We both where hunting with Commander DD coils 12 x 15. El Dorado, we left some for you!!! Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

1Apr09Ricks36dwts.jpg

1Apr09AprilFoolsTotal.jpg

Nice job Rick. C'mon, you expecdt me to believe you get skunked! Did that big one came from the hole in the picture? It looks like it was only a couple inches deep. Thanks for posting some gold pictures. Take care. Summer dredging is just around the corner. Do you think you will dredge anymore or just detect?

Cheers,

matt

Nice pile of gold LL. It would be interesting to know how you discovered the patch. Where there some old workings nearby that tipped you off, or ancient river cobbles, quartz float etc?

LuckyLundy

Hey nice gold. Over half an ounce for the day, not bad. If ya could do that every day it makes for a very good retirement supplement. Looks like the grass is starting to come up, time to bring the sprayer and the roundup. Also time to start watching out for the snakes to.

Take care, Wes

Well I am retired and yes all my gold is for sale and yes the rattlers are out, we killed one last week. I've always been lucky finding gold and some hot slot machines. Finding gold patches in the lower Sierra foothills, there is a few indicators to look for. Besides the obvious tailing piles that everyone and their brother have gone over...I look up the hills for bedrock outcrops and other signs of shallow bedrock, color of the soil, color of other exposed rocks, general flow of the terrian, and a working theory of detecting game trails! Sounds funny, we pulled alot of gold out on game trails way up from the places everyone else would'nt detect...gold is where you find it!

Stop dredging "No-Way"...to hot down here in the flatland. I'm waiting for the snow to melt...maybe in a couple weeks I can get to one spot to detect in the mountains.

Rob, thanks for the new hat!

LuckyLundy