old townsite of Weaver

Can anyone PM me a map image that would show me the location of where the old townsite of Weaver is located?

Also there is a mining operation there in or near the Weaver townsite that is mining there. They are from Canada. Anyone know them?

thanks

Scorpion

That guy has been coming to AZ.for a long time.He did have a claim in BC he was going back in the summer to work but a guy said he was staying here now.The same guy said his time for being in the US had ran out and he was here now illegally. I've talk with him before and I know he worked for Steve Scott that did own the Johnson mine at one time.

I just read the book that showed lots of pictures of Weaver but I don't have it now.

Chuck Anders

Hi Chuck!

Do you remember the title of the book you read that had photos of Weaver?

I'd be interested in gettting a copy.

Have a Happy Easter!

Karl

Karl

Jim Straight said to look at the book of Rich Hill The History of Arizona's Most Amazing Gold District.It was co-authored by Katherine Crombie,Chris Gholson,Dante Lauretta and Erik Melchiorre.On pg.44 figure 4-5 and pg 45 figure 4-6 are several closeups of buildings in Weaver crca 1900.

You may want to go and ask Chris Gholson if he can email you some pictures of Weaver are point you in the right direction to find some.

Hope this helps!

Chuck Anders

PS The book "Octave Gold Mine.....The Golden Queen of Rich Hill ,Arizona" by Erik Melchiorre

I know this book has a great collection of pictures of the town of Octave but I don't remember if it had anything on Weaver.

Hi all. heading north up weaver canyon just past the grave yard on your left as you pass over the cattle guard maybe a 1/4 mile before the left turn into 24k you will see a cobble stone building on your left. this is the original weaver post office. Take care Aznuggetbob

I hate to keep adding replies but I keep thinking about details for old Weaver. here is one I get asked about, as you pass the cobble stone house just before you get to the 24k turn if you look down to the left there is a nole or little chunk of real estate that Weaver mining Co. never dug back in the early 1990's. in fact they dug around it on both sides. it has a little barbed wire fence around it on top. its a grave from early Weaver that the state told them not to touch. Its a famous person buried there but I just cant recall his name at the moment. AzNuggetBob

Hi all I cant post photos because of copy write but here is a good place to see some old original photos of old Weaver/Octave. there is a ton of info on old Yavapai county at this site. Take care AzNuggetBob

http://sharlot.org/archives/

I also wanted to add /edit my original post to include some contact links etc., but everytime I try to do so my "doors are blown off" by some admin. / forum function that limits my editing time and continously asks me to log-in again and again and again after previewing / posting.

Hey Rob, what's up with that? After previewing a post I'm "dumped" back to the log-in screen! :blink:

'Help' comes to Mind here, what's going on? :unsure:

Gary

• Admin

Hey Guys,

If anyone would know that country, it would be AZNuggetBob. Someone asked about the current operation on Weaver and that is owned by Bob Bassett. He has a couple of hands that help him, one couple is from BC. I have a feeling several other operations will be happening very soon along Weaver.

Gary - I have no clue why it's doing that. Is anyone else having that trouble? No one has mentioned anything to me.

Happy Easter Everyone!

Rob Allison

Rob,

Its happened to me to...but I'm a slow typer & figured it had just timed out before I could put on a long post......

To work around the issue: I post and then edit it to add to it <_< ....but I'm a clutz on the computor.

wonderer

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help! If I was over in AZ I'd just drive out and walk the site in person. But that is gonna have to wait until the summer when I can get out there.

Take care everyone!

Karl