Rod Johnson

• Admin

Hey Way2cool,

Rod Johnson used to live here in Arizona and I knew him well. I haven't heard from him in ages, but I'm sure he is still out there. Searching for his website and book I came across this, which I don't agree on -

I recently purchased this book used off of eBay and I am glad that I did not spend the regular price buying it new ($29.95). The overall quality of the book is inferior. The images are poor. The author spends a lot of time hyping up secret things that aren't really that secret. He spends a handful of pages on rich hill and on a a couple of areas that have been hit hard. He even says this. What is so secret about a place that many people have hit hard. The rest of the book is mostly a special account from a secret book which he does not want to name because there is more valuable info in the book that he doesn't want to share. Well, much of his book is plagiarism since he doesn't credit the author and yet used the text word for word for many pages. This is definately not appropriate especially since he is charging people for information that he borrowed. Well, After keying in a few lines of this secret text into google books, low and behold the book is digitized in its entirety for free. Overall, I am disappointed with this author. You spend maybe $3 for hype, $2 for common knowledge, and $25 for an excerpt from a free online book and 7 pages from Arizona Gold Placers and Placering. For those who want to save their money, the book is entitled The Handbook to Arizona: Its Resources, History, Towns, Mines, Ruins and Scenery by Richard Hinton. Available for free at google books. http://books.google.com/books?id=ewINAA ... frontcover if this link doesnt work then just key in the title.

--jameskai_gold

Pack Mule

I think the information on where the patches are located can be more valuable then actually finding a nugget(s) at the locations now. If you can pick up on why the patch or patches were there and apply that knowledge to another spot you might find a virgin patch of your own.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

I think the information on where the patches are located can be more valuable then actually finding a nugget(s) at the locations now. If you can pick up on why the patch or patches were there and apply that knowledge to another spot you might find a virgin patch of your own.
Agreed thats why I was looking for one. You can't have too

much research material. Thanks for your input.

I talked with Rod a couple times on the phone, but its been a year or so.

I have his books and like them very much.

As Rob said in a round about way, you don't have to hunt the exact spots he talks about but it gives you a good insight into some of the areas.

Having said that, I have still found nuggets in some of the areas he talks about in his books.

Bob T.

way2cool,

Another good book, at least for me, is his X marks the spot. Get the one for Arizona.

This book list a whole lot of mines, I'm talking about hundreds of them. Both hardrock and placer along with the TWN, RNG and SEC.

On the mines of Yavapai county he tells you the name of the 7.5 min. or quad map that the mine is on.

Its a good ref. book.

Bob T.