Rob need your Expert Advice..................

:rolleyes:

Hello Rob, I am pretty well set on the Goldstalker Coils, But have one more ?, or opinion on a coil.

I need a deep seeker. I have a 2200sd great machine. Use Goldstalkers on it. And all the gadgets to go with it. But which Coil would be the best for my machine. The Goldstalkers 16-18" Round Monos, or a Mini -UFO 17-24" Mono. or a 14" DD Coiltek Pro, rather be a web design though? Need alittle proven advice here also all advice welcome...Bob... :rolleyes:

• Admin

Hey Bob,

Sounds like you might be shooting for more depth. Keep in mind, when you start increasing the coil size you will loose some sensitivity to the small nuggets.

I would stick with the new Goldstalkers since they are very lightweight. The Round will probably give you a bit more depth if you're paying close attention. I really like all the new Goldstalkers, so it's hard to tell you what will be best not knowing much about the type of gold you're finding, size of the gold and type of mineralization. However, you probably couldn't go wrong with either the 16 or 18 inch rounds or the 18.5 inch elliptical if you're shooting for much depth.

The Mini UFO and UFO are great coils and waterproof, but I think you should stick to the newer coils since they are "False Proof."

For max sensitivity to small, shallow gold I would suggest the new Goldstalker 6-inch round or the Coiltek Joey Mono.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Hey Bob,

Sounds like you might be shooting for more depth. Keep in mind, when you start increasing the coil size you will loose some sensitivity to the small nuggets.

I would stick with the new Goldstalkers since they are very lightweight. The Round will probably give you a bit more depth if you're paying close attention. I really like all the new Goldstalkers, so it's hard to tell you what will be best not knowing much about the type of gold you're finding, size of the gold and type of mineralization. However, you probably couldn't go wrong with either the 16 or 18 inch rounds or the 18.5 inch elliptical if you're shooting for much depth.

The Mini UFO and UFO are great coils and waterproof, but I think you should stick to the newer coils since they are "False Proof."

For max sensitivity to small, shallow gold I would suggest the new Goldstalker 6-inch round or the Coiltek Joey Mono.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

I agree wholeheartedly with Rob:

For a sniper coil, I found the 6" Goldstalker from Coiltek to be be most sensitive compared to alternatives. Very sensitive to sub-gram gold.

For a deep-seeker (used for finding larger nuggets at depth), the 18" Monoloop Goldstalker (ROUND) is going to offer you the best depth on a lighter coil.

A Commander Coil of 18" will possibly offer you a tiny bit more depth again... but at a slightly heavier expense (only slight).

If you were worried about losing some smaller nuggets with a big coil, the 16" would be the way to go. But 18" is pretty deep searching.

A round coil will always offer better depth than an elliptical when comparing similar widths. The Commander Coils are made by Minelab so they'll work flawlessly with your SD. The Goldstalkers were designed more recently for the GPX detectors but should still perform solidly with the SDs. Not sure of the results with the "D" model you are using. They work fine on the SD2XXXv2s though.

Cheers,

Marco

Hi Bob, The 2200D is a great detector and can handle mono's in milder ground, but the truth is, they don't handle mono's (in warmer ground) as well as any of the newer models.

If the ground you work is very mineralized and you want to go deep, see if you can get a 18" DD Coiltek Pro. That was the hot setup down in the hot ground in Vic and accounted for a heap of gold, from the surface to down deep.

If your ground is milder and you want depth, either of the aftermarket 18" mono's is the way to go.

Forget about the Minelab Commander coil's, they don't go deeper and they weigh a ton.

There is not a great deal of difference between the goldstalker and Nuggetfinder coil's, the spec's on Minelab coil's are pretty tight and both makers push the limits trying to gain an edge.