Recent finds

Here are some nuggets I picked up the last three weeks/trips(new baby at home, harder to get out as much), minus a few (they are lost in the Jeep somewhere).

Nothing big but definitely Definitely put a smile on the face. A few are just over 1 grain and the largest here is just over 5 grams. (still waiting for my 4.1 oz nug LOL).

DigDeep

post-4951-1239759611_thumb.jpg post-4951-1239759625_thumb.jpg

Stay safe & watch your back - Frosty

Yea every once in a while the occasional weirdo rolls through the goldfields but ever since I saw the first one I have been carrying on me in stead of leaving it in the Jeep.

BTW I carry a .45 1911 style pistol, and it's a bit heavy, I was looking to get a lightweight 1911, anyone have a favorite model??

DigDeep,

Very nice gold nuggets! How the heck did you lose gold nuggets in your Jeep? Thanks for sharing your finds. Looks like you are in a great spot. 1911's are great. I carry a HK .40 cal. Not as much power as the .45, but a lot lighter. The HK is plastic like a Glock, but far superior to a Glock. I have a HK P2000 and am in the market for a HK45. Plastic also, but not ambidextrous in California like every other state. Take care.

Cheers,

Matt

Montana, yea I think this is going to be my best year. I am starting to get the local placers narrowed down to the richer areas and been doing pretty well.

matt, I had the nuggets in a little container and hit a few big bumps and holes, knocked it open and the little guys went flying. The HK is a cool gun no doubt, heck even the guy from the 24 show uses one lol. I will look into it.

Thanks

DigDeep

Stick with a .45, there is a reason why it has been the most respected defense round for over 100 years. All others are just wanabees. My favorite hand guns are made by Kimber. They are absolutely dependable and and proven accurate from the first round to the 20,000th one

Kimber Pistols

If I could afford one though I would get Wilson Combat

Nice gold collection Dig Deep...as for pistols I have a Kimber Pro Carry II aluminum frame and stainless slide...it's light for it's size...as for the Springfield XD I have shot them and they are defiantly worth looking into; with a 16 round magazine vs my 8 (extended clip) if you can't trobleshot the problem by then call it a day.

Nice gold there Dig Deep good luck finding them in your Jeep :lol: .

Do you blokes seriously have to have a firearm? Are things really that bad in the US or is it just paranoia/peace of mind. Seems a little bit like overkill to me(pardon the pun).

Curley

• Admin

Hey Guys,

First I would like to give a bit congrats to DigDeep on the new nuggets found! Sure would like to get over there and hunt with you, but so limited on time right now.

Speaking of loosing nuggets, I have a story for you. Going back about ten years ago at Rich Hill I found a nice 3+ Dwt gold nugget. A friend and I were leaning over my Toyota 4x4's hood just shooting the breeze. I toss my nugget over to my friend so he could see it and it rolled down the hood right into the groove that seperates the hood from the side panel. I could hear the nugget fall down into the engine area, but never heard it hit the ground. We spent about an hour trying to find out where the nugget went, but never recovered it. I even moved the truck thinking maybe it did fall on the ground and we couldn't see it, so I scanned the entire area with the metal detector. Go figure, it's probably still riding on the engine and someone else now owns the truck. :blink:

As for handguns, I used to carry a Ruger 9mm with a couple extra clips of ammo. The darn thing just got too heavy, so I purchased a S&W Airlight .44 Mag for Alaska. I now carry this handgun since it's much lighter and much more powerful than the 9mm. The downside is I only have 6 shots. I kind of liked having more round just in case you got into a shootout with someone. :blush:

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison