Sweat and Gold

LuckyLundy, Tony, and myself went out to one of our patch's today to try our luck. Man was it ever hot. The day started off a little slow the first hour nothing so we thought we would work a different area in the same patch. I picked a area that looked good and not long after I pulled out a nice slug that was 5.6dwt five minutes later I pulled out .2dwt and a .5dwt. It was time for a water break and I checked in with Rick he had a nice 1.1dwt and I think a .5dwt nugget in his poke. We looked at each other and said "Where is Tony?". I went and got him but he had still not gotten any gold yet so I sent him into my little patch in hopes he would pull a nice one out but it was not to be. Right before lunch I had a signal that was over loading my coil I thought it might be trash on top but scraped off the top and it was a nice little .8dwt nuggey so I went and joined Rick and Tony for a sandwich. It was getting hot the water supply was getting low but we wanted Tony to score a nugget so we sent him up to a spot that has prouduced a goodley amount of gold. I told Rick man I'm out of water and the heat is getting to be to much he agreed. We looked over and seen Tony the lobster beat red from the sun with a hole about 2 feet deep digging like a gopher. We set there in hopes he was going to pull a lunker out in front of us but it was just a big piece of trash. Tony walked away with a new tan and a skunk but it wasn't from a lack of trying thats for sure he dug a lot of holes. Over all it was a great day little hot but always good being in the field with good friends.

18Apr09VetDig1.jpg

We had a great time! Jeff and I wished, Tony could get his coil over a nugget...but didn't workout that way. I'm sporting a new sunburn and I know Tony is hurting today from his. I'll be heading to the high country to see if I can drive down the roads that hold snow till early May...it's hot down here in the flat lands! Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

We had a great time! Jeff and I wished, Tony could get his coil over a nugget...but didn't workout that way. I'm sporting a new sunburn and I know Tony is hurting today from his. I'll be heading to the high country to see if I can drive down the roads that hold snow till early May...it's hot down here in the flat lands! Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

SUNBURN? I have no stinkin sunburn, my shoulders always bleed!

Actullay, it is not too bad, I just put Aleo vera on it last night. The first full day in the sun I will blister and peel, but really no pain, from then on I just tan.

It was a blast, and I learned a lot playing with that DD coil, I probally won't use it in that area again but it was a learning adventure.

Take Care!

Tony