First Prospecting Trip.

Hello, my father and I have recently gotten hit by gold fever, unfortunately for us there is no natural gold here in Florida. I have been researching our options for our first gold prospecting trip and we have decided to drive up to 9 or so hours to find the yellow stuff. That will put us in Alabama, Georgia, or SC. From what I have read all 3 places have gold.

As for equipment, we have none. If at all possible we would like to try some of the different equipment before we decide to purchase. I have found a place in Alabama called the Alabama Gold Camp. It appears they will rent out sluice boxes, high-bankers, and dredges. This sound like it would be a pretty good place to start. Does anyone here have any recommendations for this place or some place similar? We want to come home with something to show for our efforts. We are slightly worried this Alabama Gold Camp may already be overworked. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks guys.

GPAA would probably be your best bet.....

I have been thinking about joining the gpaa. Not sure it would be good for me though because I may only get a chance to do 1 or 2 trips per year. I'm not sure gpaa has many claims around me anyways, I know LDMA has a camp in Georgia though.

I have been thinking about joining the gpaa. Not sure it would be good for me though because I may only get a chance to do 1 or 2 trips per year. I'm not sure gpaa has many claims around me anyways, I know LDMA has a camp in Georgia though.
I think that a membership in GPAA is a good bet if you research it you will find they have many claims all over. Even if you don't get out but 1 or 2 a year you will still have more to seek out with the GPAA. Just my two cents worht

Chads2600 if ya get tired of working the areas you mentioned ya might want to beach hunt for jewelry, and coins of all ages in Florida. What a thrill it'd be for me to hit the Florida beaches with my detector and score some old shipwreck treasure that'd been washed ashore from the ocean.

Have ya ever beach hunted before? Rsults?

Don

Chads2600 if ya get tired of working the areas you mentioned ya might want to beach hunt for jewelry, and coins of all ages in Florida. What a thrill it'd be for me to hit the Florida beaches with my detector and score some old shipwreck treasure that'd been washed ashore from the ocean.

Have ya ever beach hunted before? Rsults?

Don

I have been considering purchasing a sea hunter mark II or a whites surf pi pro for the beach hunting. But right now I really wanna get something solid together for my and my father to do. He seemed very interested when I spoke about gold prospecting, he made a joke saying we need to pack up and spend 6 months out west :o) I think I am going to join the GPAA for all it's benefits. If anyone has any info on Alabama Gold Camp I'd be real interested in hearing your experience there. Thanks for the feedback guys.