Night hunting

I would have replied sooner but I had to go get another Beer, Jenn Ignorance is bliss, but people that run around with their head in the sand are not only dangerous to themselves, they are dangerous to those around them too. In my opinion they are a victim waiting to happen. AzNuggetBob

I would have replied sooner but I had to go get another Beer, Jenn Ignorance is bliss, but people that run around with their head in the sand are not only dangerous to themselves, they are dangerous to those around them too. In my opinion they are a victim waiting to happen. AzNuggetBob

Naaaa the more heads in the sand, the more gold in "MY" bag.... :D

Beer is good but I'm enjoying a Crown Royal and Coke... wish I was drinking a Bundy and Coke (my fave Aussie Rum) but this will have to do till I get back there.

Kind of funny; I liked Dutchman's post.

Not sure I'd interpret what he said as a head in the sand attitude

or not to give thought to what you're doing.

And don't we see a lot of posts that typify this?

"A lot of people are fearful by nature and think about the exceptional worst case scenario first."

Anyway, whatever... I guess it's all in the interpretation.

I love the picture of the head in the sand dude

and I really like night hunting.

It's a great way to escape the heat of these upcoming scorcher summer days

and it really does focus the attention in new ways that are interesting.

I look forward to some posts after DigDeep tries it.

I will post about it too, it's been a year or so since I was out at night.

All the best,

Flak

Naaaa the more heads in the sand, the more gold in "MY" bag.... :D

Beer is good but I'm enjoying a Crown Royal and Coke... wish I was drinking a Bundy and Coke (my fave Aussie Rum) but this will have to do till I get back there.

Nice image Jennifer even though it doesn't project the desired message you were looking to send me. Sorry, but the message I am getting from it, is that the gentleman with his head in the sand is a lot closer to finding a nugget than you are sitting and drinking your Crown Royal and Coke. :)

Nice image Jennifer even though it doesn't project the desired message you were looking to send me. Sorry, but the message I am getting from it, is that the gentleman with his head in the sand is a lot closer to finding a nugget than you are sitting and drinking your Crown Royal and Coke. :)

Touche :girl:

Here is a little more info I found on vision at night. My dad told me about using a red lens and AzNuggetBob and Gus touched on this.

From Wikipedia

In biological night vision, molecules of rhodopsin in the rods of the eye undergo a change in shape as light is absorbed by them. Rhodopsin is the chemical that allows night-vision, and is extremely sensitive to light. Exposed to a spectrum of light, the pigment immediately bleaches, and it takes about 30 minutes to regenerate fully, but most of the adaptation occurs within the first five or ten minutes in the dark. Rhodopsin in the human rods is less sensitive to the longer red wavelengths of light, so many people use red light to help preserve night vision as it only slowly depletes the eye's rhodopsin stores in the rods and instead is viewed by the cones.

DigDeep

DigDeep

Interesting Bio Chemistry lesson. You will also be able to see out of the peripherals of your eyes a lot better than straight ahead in low light at night. Your retina contains Rods and Cones, these are the photo receptors at the back of our eyes. Cones provide us with color vision and they are concentrated most in the "Fovea" (The center of our vision, when looking straight ahead). Cones give us sharper, clearer images than Rods do, but cones require more intense light to function well. Rods do not discriminate among colors, but are highly sensitive to light and are only located in the periphery of the Fovea. Rods enable us to see in dim light and at night. So you have to look just off of center to see the best in the dark. With practice you eventually get rather good at seeing in the dark this way and with relatively little moon light you can see amazingly well. :ph34r:

DigDeep

Interesting Bio Chemistry lesson. You will also be able to see out of the peripherals of your eyes a lot better than straight ahead in low light at night. Your retina contains Rods and Cones, these are the photo receptors at the back of our eyes. Cones provide us with color vision and they are concentrated most in the "Fovea" (The center of our vision, when looking straight ahead). Cones give us sharper, clearer images than Rods do, but cones require more intense light to function well. Rods do not discriminate among colors, but are highly sensitive to light and are only located in the periphery of the Fovea. Rods enable us to see in dim light and at night. So you have to look just off of center to see the best in the dark. With practice you eventually get rather good at seeing in the dark this way and with relatively little moon light you can see amazingly well. :ph34r:

Plus you can see UFO's a lot easier, especially in Arizona....

In all seriousness, one of the things I miss about living in Fountain Hills (east of Scottsdale) is the incredibly pretty skies at night. The town doesn't permit street lights (I was told) and it was PITCH black at night and the sky was so beautiful, you could see so many stars.

• Admin

Hey Jennifer,

You're right about the amazing skies in Arizona. This last weekend my partner let me view the sky with his high-end night vision goggles and it's amazing what the human eyes can't see.

P.S. You have any plans to come back to Arizona for some nuggetshooting?

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

I know that guy!

He was hit by a bus just the other day!

The police said that the bus suffered no damage!

Karl