100% Metal Free Boots

• Admin

Hello Digger,

These are the ones I've been using for about 10 years now. They are very lightweight and durable. I can get them for you, or you can order them directly from my Distributor, Doc's Detecting. If you get them from him, just let him know you seen them here on the forums. They are great prospecting boots with "No Metal."

ultraboots.jpg

Sizes run from 7 - 15. Price is $79.95 plus Shipping/Handling.

Take care,

Rob Allison

It took me 6 years to trash my Bate's prospecting. One of the thing I really like about them there waterproof.

Forget about "composite toe" they will kill your feet hiking in hill's.

Another thing allot of the non metallic safety boots made for electricians can have small metal parts.

nvchris

Steve your right unless you got steel toe boots shouldn't matter unless you got a big coil going. I wear my boots during snake season. Rest of the time I wear what ever I have on at the time. Don't know many people who detect at there feet my coil is at least 2' from my feet hell if they find a detector to pick up a shoe eyelet at 2' I want one.

Nuggetslayer ONE boot eye loop is not as detectable with a large mono but a whole shoe full is a different story. right now I wear bates boots no metal large lug sole and they dont slip. wearing "tennis's" shoes may fly in Alaska or Cali in the summer time but they dont here S. AZ. year round. I see a lot of people out hunting wearing tennis here but it wont take long to regret it with all the cactus and choya balls. I do like your snake boots. if your runnin factory mono coils you may also want to try a new 350mm x 230mm coiltek goldstalker mono coil, I think their a lot more sensitive on small gold. . AzNuggetBob

Nuggetslayer Here are a couple photos of a custom handle that I built a few years ago. After years of having to deal with what the factories had to offer, and with the new larger mono coils I decided to build my own. The handle and shaft are all carbon fiber and 12" inches (longer) than a factory handle, even the hardware is nylon. arm cup is nylon coupled with a Coiltek fiberglass coil shaft at the bottom. The coil wire extension is also a Coiltek for hip mounting of the control box (necessary) They use special shielded coil wire. All of this combined to get these large coils out away from my body and any metal. it makes it much easier to ground balance and stop false signals. you cant see it but when I took this photo there is a Coiltek U.F.O. spider coil mounted on it. I don't wear boots with metal anymore and haven't for years. AzNuggetBob

BTW I believe you can get most of these Coiltek accessories if you want to build your own from Doc's detecting supply or Rob Allison's NuggetHunting.com.

handle2.jpg

armshaft1.jpg

Hello Digger,

These are the ones I've been using for about 10 years now. They are very lightweight and durable. I can get them for you, or you can order them directly from my Distributor, Doc's Detecting. If you get them from him, just let him know you seen them here on the forums. They are great prospecting boots with "No Metal."

ultraboots.jpg

Sizes run from 7 - 15. Price is $79.95 plus Shipping/Handling.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

Do you know if you can have zippers put in the side of those boots so you do not have to retie them each time you put them on and take them off?

Hi Rob,

Do you know if you can have zippers put in the side of those boots so you do not have to retie them each time you put them on and take them off?

I have a pair of Bates boots that look like that, and they have zippers on the facing sides. They were advertised as having no metal, but the zipper pull is metallic.

IIRC, they are police tactical boots. Apparently, the zipper pulls are too small to set off an airport metal detector, but I've "heard" them a few times on my GP3000 with the 16" NF coil.

EDIT: I still have to retie them each time I wear them. The zipper does not allow enough freedom to get the boot on or off, but I don't have to unlace them, just loosen the laces.