Nice New Spot Found pics..

I woke up feeling a little gold fever, and since sluice season starts in July, I figured I would go scout out some locations, and get the pan a little wet, and see what comes up. I went up Highway 2, Over to money creek, Skykomish river, and a few other creeks. With no success on the Miller River, or anywhere else. Just the usual Garnets, quartz, and some other blue and orange stones. Anyways on the way home I remembered a good spot that was on the way home. I went a few miles up the gravel road and there it was, A gorgeous spot, a prospectors dream, Lots of deep water, Waterfall, quartz vein running through the creek bed, deep slow moving current, and lots of holes in the top of the bedrock full of black sand. I got the pan out, taking samples from the cracks of the bedrock, and moss. I was coming up with a nice pile of black sand, but no gold. I finally found some right as I was ready to leave. Nothing fancy but a little piece of quartz with flake on it, and a couple little flakes. I think this spot might have a good amount of gold in it, I need sniper though,,,,. Heres a couple pics of the Spot..

gold1.jpg

gold4.jpg

gold2.jpg

I woke up feeling a little gold fever, and since sluice season starts in July, I figured I would go scout out some locations, and get the pan a little wet, and see what comes up. I went up Highway 2, Over to money creek, Skykomish river, and a few other creeks. With no success on the Miller River, or anywhere else. Just the usual Garnets, quartz, and some other blue and orange stones. Anyways on the way home I remembered a good spot that was on the way home. I went a few miles up the gravel road and there it was, A gorgeous spot, a prospectors dream, Lots of deep water, Waterfall, quartz vein running through the creek bed, deep slow moving current, and lots of holes in the top of the bedrock full of black sand. I got the pan out, taking samples from the cracks of the bedrock, and moss. I was coming up with a nice pile of black sand, but no gold. I finally found some right as I was ready to leave. Nothing fancy but a little piece of quartz with flake on it, and a couple little flakes. I think this spot might have a good amount of gold in it, I need sniper though,,,,. Heres a couple pics of the Spot..

gold1.jpg

gold4.jpg

gold2.jpg

Geeezzzz.....if you can or allowed to throw a dredge in that spot below the 'falls' I be willing to bet that you'd find some deep "boil holes" holding a good case of the yellow stuff.....nice!

Gary

The bedrock in your pics looks like limestone. It is soft, and as Gary said, can develop some gnarly potholes.

Yeah it didnt seem hard because. I took the rock hammer to it to see If I could bust out some of the quartz, and it chipped away like nothing. Probably is Limestone. I have to get a permit to use a dredge here in Washington, I dont know if its the same way everywhere. We can sluice from July 1 to August 31. Dredging and High banking is right after that. . As soon as July 1 comes. Im going to be at the bottom if that Waterfall, I need tyo get some sort of suction thing, so I can do it properly. I need a sniper, Like that guy on Gold Fever.. It sure would be nice to pull a couple pickers out of this place. I have a real good feeling about this spot. That waterfall is only the first one through that canyon. That must have been one hell of a river hundreds of years ago... Im going to sluice all of that area, and since fish dont go up or down that creek. I can do it all in the water. Washington is really strict on that, were not even supposed to pan in the water, because of all the sediment..