Moore Creek Finds ... Anyone heard anything yet?

• Admin

Hello All,

I know the guys are up in Moore Creek now. I sure wish I was there this year, but had other things come up. Just curious if anyone has heard how they are doing and if any sizeable nuggets or specimens have been found?

Wishing the entire Moore Creek group a ton of luck!

Hope to read some stories and see some pictures soon.

Take care,

Rob Allison

HI ROB,

WELL, HERE IS THE FIRST MOORE CREEK STORY.

I MISSED MY %&^*#$%*^ PLANE UP THERE!! FIRST I DOZED BACK OFF AT HOME AT 5:30 A.M., ENDED UP LEAVING LATE WITH BARELY ENOUGH TIME TO GET TO CLEVELAND, SO I WAS FLYING DOWN THE HIGHWAY HALF ASLEEP STILL WHEN SUDDENLY THERE WERE MYSTERIOUS RED AND BLUE LIGHTS ALL AROUND. S%*T, NOW IM GETTING PULLED OVER. SO NEEDLESS TO SAY NOW I MISSED MY FLIGHT. ALL THE OTHER PLANES TILL THE NEXT EVENING WERE OVERBOOKED SO I SAT ALL DAY ON STANDBY WITH NO LUCK. BY THE TIME I GOT THERE NOW ID BE 2 OR 3 DAYS LATE, SO HERE I SIT IN OHIO VERY UNHAPPY TO SAY THE LEAST! DUE TO BUSINESS OBLIGATIONS THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD TRY WEEK 2.

I AM SLIGHTLY HOPEFUL I CAN FIGURE SOMETHING OUT THIS YEAR, IVE BEEN THERE EVERY YEAR SO FAR, SOMETIMES TWICE A YEAR, AND JUST DOESNT SEEM RIGHT NOT GOING TO MOORE CREEK THIS YEAR.

GOOD SIDE IS I DECIDED TO JUST GO OVER TO SOUTH BASS ISLAND SINCE I HAD TIME ON MY HANDS NOW AND TIE A GOOD ONE ON, AND ENDED UP WITH A POTENTIALLY LUCRITIVE BUSINESS CONNECTION.

GOES TO SHOW THERE IS A GOOD SIDE TO EVERYTHING. AN EVEN BETTER SIDE IF I CAN STILL GET TO MOORE CREEK THIS YEAR!

SEE YA, DAVE MAKKOS

Well I can say something but not about the finds. I left the same day everyone came with Bud, Steves Dad. Steve prepped the hill behind the camp and the gound over near the highbanking area, the island has been taken down and the other ground across the pond from there has also been plowed up. The plan is to keep ahead of the clients by closing areas for the day plowing and then opening the gate.. Ken and Steve showed up a day early and going over areas they both found a piece of gold. I found 3 nice pieces just hunting some of the old areas proving you just dont get it all LOL :rolleyes: .. I would still be there except I have a lady friend that I want to take out and two weeks was enough for now.. Improvements to the camp were made and things are a little nicer for the cook etc.. New tents this year and they are nice. Should be some gold banged out again, I don't know how much, but Dudley might have an idea by now. As for me I am heading to Tn for 3 weeks to visit date and have a good time.......I say to the guests good luck to all...........Geo