Couple nugs from up north

post-6824-1245277570_thumb.jpgWell I made the trip up to my claims in Oregon to do a little beeping but the weather was so nice (cool) I ended up spending most of my time just enjoying the shade and remembering all the great days there dredging. To bad we can't dredge anymore but that's the way things are now days.

Anyway I did spend enough time on the beeper to kick the dirt off of these three. The big one was over 1/2 oz. Brought back the memory of the good old days there pulling hands full of these everyday with the 8inch.

Forgot about the 100 degrees each day here, guess I better get a new hat, AL.C

• Admin

Hey Al,

Wow ... Congrats on the new finds in Oregon. Did you find them with the Goldbug or the Minelab?

Sounds like a very good dredging area if you were pulling larger nuggets out like that. A good friend of mine has a bunch of claims on the Feather River and is there right now dredging for about 6 weeks. He has a 6 & 10-inch dredge. They have found some monster nuggets on the bottom of the River, but requires a lot of rock moving. I was going to spend a week with him this year, but I was limited on time after the new Baby. I'm hoping to spend a couple of weeks next year dredging with him.

Thanks for sharing your finds. Hope you find a bunch more.

P.S. Stay in Oregon for awhile, it's damn hot here in Arizona now! :angry:

Rob Allison

Hey Ron, I think the reason I don't get any dinks is because I don't know how to run my machine so I walk right over the little ones. That's not good because we all know that most of the gold is small. Even a dummy like me can hear the big ones. It takes guys like you who know what they are doing to get the smaller stuff. Hope to figure it out someday. AL.C

Hey Rob, I got these with the GB2. the MineLab is broke down.

Just hearing about the Feather River and a 10" sends my heart to pounding. In that country if you are moving car size rock you are going to be happy with what is under it. There is still a lot of big gold down in that country but its under those rocks the size of cars that have not been moved in thousands of years. Wish I was young again.

Sounds like the boys are doing well up in the far north also. Can't wait to see some pictures. AL. C

• Admin

Hey Al,

I forgot that your Minelab was acting up. Did you send it in to Minelab USA? I still haven't sent mine in, but probably should.

Yep, my friends are moving car sized boulders with larger winches and even floating some of them down the River when they can. Last year they hit a nice bedrock pocket with some very larger gold nuggets. I really wanted to make it over there this year. Makes me wonder what type of gold is laying around on the high benches ....

Dudley, part owner of the Moore Creek Mine sent me another email today. He said they found around 24 ounces the first week, biggest nugget was almost 5 ounces. I heard they had a couple of hot days, but overall the weather was good. Gaine mentioned the bugs were bad, which is typical if you get a couple of warm days with Sun.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison