I get it shoved up my ass again!

Most of you will undoubtedly remember my report regarding getting my first colonoscopy. You know the one where I took the laxative to prepare for the procedure, shit myself for three days, inspected my colon myself when it fell into the toilet, and only went to the doctor to have him shove it back in.

Well, little was I aware that you get to have it shoved up your butt again when the bill comes.

Now this all starts with the fact that I decided to change my insurance from a $1000 deductible each for my wife and I to a $5000 each deductible, in order to lower the $1,400 a month premium. However, I was very smart about this. I specifically requested that this new coverage not start until April 1. This way my wife and I could schedule our procedure for March 30, and still get in on the $1000 deductible plan, before it changed the next day. HOWEVER, the insurance company, being the slime ball bastards that they are, had already pre-approved the procedure, as we had preregistered. So they apparently realized what we were doing and they back dated the insurance coverage with the $5000 deductible to February making it retroactive, and sticking myself with the entire bill for both my wife and my procedure. Something close to $5000 for both of us, out of my pocket.

So now I am on my own to make sure we are not being charged for anything we did not receive. First thing I remember is that when we pregistered we were given a piece of paper that we had to sign that said we understood that anesthesia for this procedure was not deemed a necessity by the insurance company, and they would deny coverage. So if we wanted anesthesia, we had to agree to pay for that ourselves. The cost? Between $125 and $175.

You see, in the United States of America, it is against the law to waterboard a terrorist, but it is perfectly OK to shove a television camera on the end of a 20 foot firehouse up someone's ass while they are awake and screaming. You do that to me, and I will confess to having sex with the pope.

I bet if they were giving a detainee at Guantanamo a colonoscopy the anesthesia would be covered. In fact they would probably give them a $5000 rebate.

So I get the bill from the anesthesiologist, and it says $375, not $175, EACH, for both my wife and I. I call them, they said, you signed a piece of paper that says you agreed to pay that. I said I have a piece of paper that says I agreed to pay $175. No this is the one they made you sign before the procedure. I said you mean the one when I was laying on my side on the table with my ass hanging out, 2 minutes away from being injected with knock out juice, not having eaten for three days, the one I could not read because they had taken my glasses, the one I asked what I was signing and the nurse said it was the same document I had signed during pre-registration? That document says $375? I want to see it. The guy faxes it over, and I fax him the one I signed that said it would only cost $175. I called him back. "Yes, well sir, we have the document you signed that says you would pay $375." I said, really? Well I have three television news channels that just love to do story about companies like yours, who apparently have no ethics, and love to screw over people. Magically he agreed that I only should have to pay the $175.

Now we go to the hospital bill where they charged my wife's bill $900 more than mine, because her procedure took 20 minutes longer than mine. "NO IT DIDN'T." I talked to the doctor, he said the procedures were identical, no difference, no difference in time. I look on the anesthesiologist report, she says my procedure took 27 minutes, my wife's took 29 minutes. The hospital is full of liars.

They charged $299 for lidocaine, I didn't receive lidocaine, my wife didn't receive lidocaine. I asked why we would have received lidocaine. Oh, they numb the spot where they insert the IV. NO they didn't numb it, I watch the entire thing, they shoved it right in the vein, no problem, no lidocaine shot before; BULLSHIT! I write this to them in a letter. Now they right back and tell me the lidocaine was shot in my ass! NO IT WASN'T. The doctor didn't shoot lidocaine in my ass, the nurse didn't. I was knocked out cold. Why would I need lidocaine shot in my ass? I would know if I woke up and my asshole was numb and it wasn't, and there had not been any dentistry done on my teeth either, so NO LIDOCAINE ASSHOLES! And no $299.

Then there is the $350 charge for Propofol, which is the anesthesia to put you out. Remember the $175 charge for anesthesia? Well this is the stuff they use. The hospital claims that is for the services alone. I told them BULL. That's not what the paper says, and what is the anesthesiologist going to use to put you under without propofol, a hammer?

So I may still have to go to the news media, because that is the only thing they understand; bad publicity and unhappy consumers. They don't care about lawsuits, unless it looks like bad press may generate a class action suit.

So, here I am 2 1/2 months after the procedure, and the hospital hasn't taken it out of my ass yet.

Doc

DOC, next time don't deal with them ASSHOLE DRS.! And insurance companys. One time a insurance sales man came to my uncles door, said I want to sell you the hospital insurance, my uncle said: I can't afford it! The insurance guy, said sure you can, we know how much you income is. My uncle said: Oh I can afford the insurance. It the Lawyer, to fight you guys to collect that I can't afford. The guy close his case and left. Ha! Ha! Grubstake

Boy, that sucks!

I just watched the movie called "Sicko" by Michael Moore, you should watch it, it's an eye opener!

On one part, a medic that worked 911 was paying 150.00 for medication twice a month due to a breathing illness, she only gets SSD. They went to Cuba and the same medication was like .50 cents each.

My wife just got her tonsils out and that was a 10,000.00 bill and that doesn't include the Dr visit prior and after, or the MRI. Now how the hell can that cost 10,000.00? :spank:

Doc. And that is why we need the health care system overhauled and the illegals denied free medical services. I was denied State health insurance help, but every time I go to the doctor the illegals just flash their state health card and don't pay a dime. I only make $865.00 a month on Soc. Sec. and decent health insurance costs nearly a thousand a month. I can't get medicare until I turn 65 next year. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping nothing goes wrong. ----Bob

I hear what your sayin Doc, Many people are not knowledgeable enough to realize that their bills have been padded. Most people don't know what all the technical terms mean or what the different drugs are for. The health care system bankrupt me in the 90's I lost it all. All the stuff it took me years to acquire, Gone. house, boat, motor cycles, motorhome, gold nuggets etc. I didn't have insurance I had let it lapse. and padding the bills seems to be the norm for them. as much as I hate regulation I think health care regulation is the only way. The insurance companies just seem to pass the buck to the public rather than take the time to question the hospital bills... Its defiantly out of control. Im not going to take it up the ass again. AzNuggetBob

And if you think that having the government manage the H/C system just look at what they do to PUBLIC LANDS. The founding fathers understood all this way long ago, why do you think the money says "In God We Trust" it's not because it fits nicely on the money, it's because the government are crooks.

In my every so humble opinion, Wyndham

And if you think that having the government manage the H/C system just look at what they do to PUBLIC LANDS. The founding fathers understood all this way long ago, why do you think the money says "In God We Trust" it's not because it fits nicely on the money, it's because the government are crooks.

In my every so humble opinion, Wyndham

Yea and they get to screw with your minds, health, wealth and the country!

And the really stupidty is that people vote for them wanting this shit to happen! go figure

rgds

Karl

AZNUGGETBOB: It takes a bit of work and follow up to get through the bullshit with the VA but once you

have it set up its pretty easy.

I take two forms of insulin,and 10 other medications and have been getting them for over 5 years,

its not perfect but it is far better than nothing. GOOD LUCK :rolleyes:

Hammer I agree to an extent. I have not dealt with VA in many years (my choice) so I really should not imply they have not improved. I heard a lot of talk that things are getting better and any savings on health care is an improvement. Take care AzNuggetBob

Doc,

Just tell'em your an illegal alien from mexico or anywhere So. of the border, remember to speak broken english with a mex. accent. Yea they pad our med bills to the hilt so WE pay for the uninsured and illegals :angry:

Take care watch yer back (in docs case the backside :rolleyes: ) and stay safe - Frosty

Doc your mistake was you should have written the Mexican goverment to get that book or pamflate on how to best take advantage of the American health & welfare system for free, pay no taxes to the IRS (in other words get a 50% raise in your income) & how you go about getting your green card..............

Use the emergency room as your health care provider $500 to $1000 dr. office visits... :spank:

wonderer