My Father's Day Gift

Well I thought I'd run out to one of the patches this morning before the family got up and the sun to hot. I was enjoying myself and the cool morning breeze, hoping for a Father's Day Nugget. As the morning wore on with the sun getting warmer and the breeze not as cool. I was keeping occoupied digging junk targets at the fringes of the patch. I just dug like my 45th target a little piece of steel and thought to myself that maybe it's a skunk day or a hundred target day before I'd see some color. Right next to that target I heard another, it was the sound of a piece of wire. You know the sound, warbled like one of them mouth harps. I dug plenty of these little wire sounds and some of them have been nuggets. This warbled sound didn't break untill I was a couple inches above the target. Once it was out of the hole (12" or more) and into my dirt pile did I tell myself that sounds like a million bucks. My first scoop of dirt from the pile was all it took. The nugget got pushed to the back of the scoop and was showing and end piece of it's self. I thanked the Gold God's of this patch for my Daddy Day Special Nugget! I detected a little more and headed home to toss it on the scale...family was all happy and gave me my new Hawaiin shirt and lunch at the sushi bar. Life is good! Dig all them targets.

LuckyLundy

21Jun09VetDig156dwthand.jpg

Below is the trash targets of the day and the nugget...dig'em all

21Jun09VetDig156dwt004.jpg

Yes, that is Penny Weight not Grams!

21Jun09VetDig156dwt002.jpg

Montana,

I'm glad I wasn't the only one out today! I didn't see a soul and I bet you didn't either. It is a special day for you and me! Until our next hunt. That would be a great pendant nugget too! El Dorado, you unpack your stuff...pronto!!!

LuckyLundy

Congratulations on the Fathers day finds there guys! ...Had to stay inside the Vegas area today...could not get out too far being on stand-by and all. Again great job...Guido

Rick,

Outstanding Father's day gold nugget! You were not the only one out today, but you got one nice chunk of gold. I made it out for 2 hours late this afternoon and was able to kick out six of the little guys for 1.8 dwt. I was happy with that, but I got your email and was happy for you to get a big one. We need to get in the water and dredge before summer is over. Take care.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt,

Six nuggets for Father's Day is a great hunt for anyone. My two dredge partners are drag'n their feet...I might fire them and get me a couple of young hardworking greenhorn partners. Any takers out there!

Take care,

LuckyLundy

Six nuggets for Father's Day is a great hunt for anyone. My two dredge partners are drag'n their feet...I might fire them and get me a couple of young hardworking greenhorn partners. Any takers out there!
If I lived out there I would take you up on your offer in a heartbeat. Congrats on your find.

Ya I was up at the Empire Mine State Park when I looked at my phone and seen the picture of that lunker. I should have went with you Rick next year I will. Well nice nugget that will make a great pendant for sure. I will be ready to go this weekend maybe Sunday and I will try for this Thrusday too. Take care buddy and nice nugget again.

Oh and we need to get up to the claim and get that 4" ready and set up for me here before to long I feel like chucking rocks

Matt,

Take care,

LuckyLundy

Yes, I will go!

Can you speak Chinese?

You will need to by the time I finish digging!