Heart DR, Visit

well drove to Fresno today for my heart DR. appiontment, on the 6th of Aug. I have to have a Stress test{ ya like I'm not already under a lot of stress} anyway, I'm not getting hardly any blood to my arms or legs, so there going to see whats up, he thinks maybe I have another stent stoped up. Yeh. I got 9 of them three were on the recall list because of the meds they were treated with. so he said keep taking my nitro and Kadian and if I have to take more than three nitros an a kaidian and still have chest pain, to get my but on the helicopter and got to Fresno. So I'll just go with the flow for now. Grubstake

I got almost more flight time since I've had my 8 heart attacks, than I got in the Medevac unit I was in, when I was in Nam. Ha! Ha! Grubstake

Grubstake

I was not wanting to join your Heart Dr. club but it looks like I may need to.My regular Dr. wants me to make appointment with this heart Dr. but one good thing I haven't had any pain.I just don't feel good at times but then it will pass.I guess you could say do this to be on the safe side.

I know you have had so much trouble with your heart plus other trouble but knowing may be on your side than others that don't know until it's too late.

This is one layaway plan that we'd like to bypass and if they come to get me you will see two black marks all the way.

Grub you take care of yourself!

Chuck Anders

Chuck, best to get it checked out. I did not know I was having a heart attack on my first one, I didn't have any! Chest pain at all, I just couldn't lift my arms very high, felt like I had lead weights in each hand. I was having back pain, right between my shoulder blades, it felt like someone with a hot knofe sticking me. It turned out it was a heart attack, not everyone gets{classic} chest pain spreading to your left arm. When I have them, some times it feels like a bad tooth ache and spreads to the center of my back. almost every time. I can remember hunting down at Randsburg, with Stan The Man, he was asking me the samething, how do you know if your having heart trouble? I told him how it was for me. Less than a year later he was dead from a heart attack. I think he knew he was having trouble. So get you self checked. I'm having a Cariolite{Sestamibi} stress test, they inject you with Radio active dye and its very expencive. I'm having a oneday test, because its a 200 mile round trip for me, they would normally do it over two days. My DR. said this is test # 15 since 1995, when I had my first heart attack. I have it on the 6th of Aug. and have to drive back down to see the reslults on the 13th of Aug.. He said unless I'm in the hospital before. Which just might be the case. Gary

Yeh I will Mike. I told my DR. today, why don't you put me aginst the wall and just shoot me? He raise's arabian horse's. He said Naw, I got a horse thats in about the same shape your in, I won't put him to sleep, because I like him too much. My wife cracked up. Grubstake

BOB HOPE? Heres mine Jim, we were shooting so fast and so many times, you don't know if I shot 5 times or six! To tell you the truth I don't know myself, now do ypu know? Well DO! You punk? And all the time he had a 7 shooter. Ha! hA! Gary

Well are you going to pull them pistols? or whissel dixie?

All my other test like this was done with thalium, this will be the first with this other radio active stuff, they found out last year, that thalium cause's kiddney damgae and effects the brain also. because it was a longer lasting radio active med. I bet I could lite a Christmas tree up, I've had so much. Grubstake

gary, i hate to hear about the trouble with your heart. we know that you are a pretty tuff person and you would have to be to go through all that. gary, take care of your self and very many people are with you so you can't let us down. please keep us up to date. we will say prayers for you. ron

Morning to ya Grunstake: When you post something about heart attacks I think you are doing something very good for your fellow men & women. Many people, including myself, don't have the foggiest idea what an attack would feel like except for the old "chest pain or pain in the left arm" thing. Thanks amigo for telling it like is was or is.

Stay well and thank God for each and every day.

Don

Dirty Gary... errr Harry, Punk. Flipping channels and that was the scene that was on. gottcha 101

Hey we all kid about all the crap we go through in life But God has a plan for us all, the good , bad, and crap but that's all in the plan. I don't think any of us has 50 yrs or so left but what we have coming up is better that anything we could have dreamed of. Blessing Gary for you and yours every day.

I'd love to run off to the west coast and dig some blue mud with you some day. Wyndham

Lots and lots of gold here wydham, but you have to be able to go get it, lately, all I want to do is lay in bed. its that bad. Don as far as heart attacks go, there different in every person, mine come in my back, arms and neck, some people only have chest pain. I never have, only from not being able to breath, or get as much air. a year or so ago I had a TIA or mini stroke, didn't know I was having it, was slurrting my words,not answering the wife, acting like I was druged or drunk. she call the abulance, The did test, at first they kept saying how much has he had to drink? My wife said he doesn't drink. He never has. So they did some test, sure enough, I was having a mini stroke, they gave me an IV of hepperin, and in a few hours I was back to normal. Well almost normal. So don't let the DRS. buffalo you. insist on test. It could save your life. Grubstake

Gary... First I will say you are a tough old bird full of zip and vinagar.

This I know as I have detected for gold with you and also have coinhunted

with you... so you are strong

Now for an "I gotcha," I also saw the movie... BOB HOPE's pistol was shooting blank

cartridges... Mine did not have a firing pin... So it was a fast draw...

(Who got who?... I do not know)

Now for a true incident... Over the past five years I have chest pains... Well

I ignore them... but sometimes I wake up in the night with them. My left arn

and shoulder... left jaw too....

Back when I first had them I went to our doctor at his office at Kaiser Hospital.

Well he did the usual things with the stethoscope thingy... looked worried

and gave me a tiny Nitro pill to put under my tongue... Wow I now felt

worse, something about the nitro? ....

The Dr. called the paramedices... They came and took me out of the Dr's office

down the Ambulance and around the building to Emergency just a short walk away...

But I was strapped in a gurney and very embarrassed.

I was hooked up to all sorts of gadget thingys... Flat in bed I was... Everyonce

in awhile I would set off an alarm and a nurse would come to me checking

this and that... it seemed when my pulse rate dropped too slow... I set off

the buzzer....

Afrer several hours they decided I could go home... but Gloria was given

all sorts of instructions...

To make the story (true) short... I was given lots of tests... The bottom line

I passed the threadmill... I was only 75 back then... It was decided I had

an irregular heart beat... up and down... It was decided I will live some more.

My goal is to live to be the oldest man still alive...

The chest pains come and go.... mostly while I'm idle... but the drs

do not know why... So I ignore them...

Gary... First I will say you are a tough old bird full of zip and vinagar.

This I know as I have detected for gold with you and also have coinhunted

with you... so you are strong

Now for an "I gotcha," I also saw the movie... BOB HOPE's pistol was shooting blank

cartridges... Mine did not have a firing pin... So it was a fast draw...

(Who got who?... I do not know)

Now for a true incident... Over the past five years I have chest pains... Well

I ignore them... but sometimes I wake up in the night with them. My left arn

and shoulder... left jaw too....

Back when I first had them I went to our doctor at his office at Kaiser Hospital.

Well he did the usual things with the stethoscope thingy... looked worried

and gave me a tiny Nitro pill to put under my tongue... Wow I now felt

worse, something about the nitro? ....

The Dr. called the paramedices... They came and took me out of the Dr's office

down the Ambulance and around the building to Emergency just a short walk away...

But I was strapped in a gurney and very embarrassed.

I was hooked up to all sorts of gadget thingys... Flat in bed I was... Everyonce

in awhile I would set off an alarm and a nurse would come to me checking

this and that... it seemed when my pulse rate dropped too slow... I set off

the buzzer....

Afrer several hours they decided I could go home... but Gloria was given

all sorts of instructions...

To make the story (true) short... I was given lots of tests... The bottom line

I passed the threadmill... I was only 75 back then... It was decided I had

an irregular heart beat... up and down... It was decided I will live some more.

My goal is to live to be the oldest man still alive...

The chest pains come and go.... mostly while I'm idle... but the drs

do not know why... So I ignore them...

Yup, Jim, mine come at anytime, but mostly, while I'm just sitting or laying down, many a night, I have set on the edge of the bed, at 2 or 3 o'clock ing the morning dubbled over in pain, I take sometimes three nitro's and a moraphine pill before it will go away. My dr. said thats good, because thats what they do in the abulance, give you nitro and moraphine. But he said anything over three nitros call the abulance. A note on nitro, when the old miners ,blasters, powder monkeys, were working with dynomite, they would get really bad headaches, the drs finally figured out that nitro in the dynomite was causing the blood vessels in there head to get bigger or expand, so they were getting lots of blood to there brain all at once. So they figured it would be good for heart attacks as it opens the blood vesseles and provides for better blood flow. But boy it gives you one heck of a headache. Grubstake

Hi! Wingnut, well I'll tell ya, the depression is killing me, we keep getting our checks reduced, my heath is not good, wifes either. Kids are driving us nuts, there all grown, but keep giving us greif anyway with differents stuff. I'm depressed because the weather is hot, and I want to get out, no one will go with me. and I want a 4000 sooo bad, its driving me nuts. I wish I'd just go ahead and meet my maker sometimes. Even thought of giving him a helping hand. I have enough meds, it would do the job. I have some places where I want to hunt, but its too hot right now, and I really need someone I can count on to go with me. its a long walk in and out. Seems no matter what I do, something else happens to put a stump in the way. I guess I'm just getting tied of living like this, from day to day. not knowing whats around the next corner. wife and I have been into it, and it just seems to get worse. I hate my dr. visits, and it takes my time and very expencive gas to even go. But I guess thats life. Sometimes I pray I'll go in my sleep. It would be welcome to me. I love detecting, thats all thats keeping me going. without it, I'd be gone. enough of my true feelings for now. Grubstake