Up Early, But Still HOT!!!

Well my dredge partners must be getting old and for sure mighty lame!!! Glad I don't have to count on them to get my gold fix. The day started off perfect a short drive to my parking spot and then a 1 mile hump to my chosen patch for the day. Standing in the middle of the patch and screwing my cords to the battery, it hit me!!! I left my trusty all metal pick back at the truck *#@!+...still early humped back to truck and back to detector and the patch. I only brought 5 bottles of water and already drank 2. The past week and the week coming hasn't been a bargin with the heat in my neck of the woods with temps hitting triple digits with ease. With the 3 mile hump under my belt, I started hitting a new area of the patch. I was pulling good targets, 22's and 22 brass and little bits of wire. I was sweating bullets myself and down to 2 bottles of water, I had to save one for the hike back to the truck. My next target sounded just as good as all the other trash targets, I dug...but this one was down a few more inches and peaked my interest! Got it out of the hole and into the pile of dirt and into my scoop. I was taking handfuls of dirt out and waving my scoop over my coil. It was in my hand and put a half a handful back into the scoop and heard a loud heavy target hit the scoop. Yep, it was gold...not the biggest (1.2 dwt's) from this patch...just goes to show you what a person will do to get a "Gold Fix". Hiking back to my truck and the 4th mile I stopped twice to cool off, which I never had to do before and finished my last bottle of water! Until our next hunt! Note to self: Bring pick and more water!!!

LuckyLundy

18Jul09LilShovelDig11dwt.jpg

Lucky, I ALWAYS use a scoop and one day I left it in the truck. I had already made a short hike up Rich Hill when I realized I'd forgotten it. It was an opening day of one of the 24K pushes so rather than go back to the truck for the scoop I figured I'd rough it and just use my hands. It worked out pretty well because my 1st target of the day was this chunky 55.7 grammer...

post-1495-1247962298_thumb.jpg

Nice hot day nugget, Lucky....WTG...We're running 110 degree days now here in the Dubyah and I haven't been getting out at all...Just too sissified I guress..But I did wake up with a black beetle in my ear about 3am last night...so that counts as roughing it I guess...Cheers, Unc

Dakota, that's a great nugget...that dry dirt sucks the moisture right out of your skin for sure, but that nugget looks mighty juicey!!! Ron, them bugs love the AC or swamp cooler of homes. I'm sure you'll agree that a beetle is much better than a scopion!!! I have family flying into San Fran, so we are taking them sight seeing along the coast...much cooler there!

LuckyLundy

We had a great time in the City by the Bay. My Daughter took this photo of the Golden Gate Bridge...at the time 11:30 AM it was 54 degrees there. NuggetSlayer, called me later in the day and told me don't come home cause it was 108 degrees back in the our valley.

Here's for cooler days to come!

LuckyLundy

111Goldengate072009.jpg

Well my dredge partners must be getting old and for sure mighty lame!!! Glad I don't have to count on them to get my gold fix. The day started off perfect a short drive to my parking spot and then a 1 mile hump to my chosen patch for the day. Standing in the middle of the patch and screwing my cords to the battery, it hit me!!! I left my trusty all metal pick back at the truck *#@!+...still early humped back to truck and back to detector and the patch. I only brought 5 bottles of water and already drank 2. The past week and the week coming hasn't been a bargin with the heat in my neck of the woods with temps hitting triple digits with ease. With the 3 mile hump under my belt, I started hitting a new area of the patch. I was pulling good targets, 22's and 22 brass and little bits of wire. I was sweating bullets myself and down to 2 bottles of water, I had to save one for the hike back to the truck. My next target sounded just as good as all the other trash targets, I dug...but this one was down a few more inches and peaked my interest! Got it out of the hole and into the pile of dirt and into my scoop. I was taking handfuls of dirt out and waving my scoop over my coil. It was in my hand and put a half a handful back into the scoop and heard a loud heavy target hit the scoop. Yep, it was gold...not the biggest (1.2 dwt's) from this patch...just goes to show you what a person will do to get a "Gold Fix". Hiking back to my truck and the 4th mile I stopped twice to cool off, which I never had to do before and finished my last bottle of water! Until our next hunt! Note to self: Bring pick and more water!!!

LuckyLundy

18Jul09LilShovelDig11dwt.jpg

Hi Lucky, Nice gold and no skunk. As soon as I get the new 4500 ( The first weekend in Aug. I am going down south to try it out .) Wish me luck. With all that heat you need to find the Big one. Happy Hunting, Doug