looking for a prospecting partner in Colorado

Howdy,

I currently live in Colorado Springs (Security) and am looking for a prospecting partner. The one I had is moving back to Michigan the end of this month. Being retired, I am usually able to get out a couple of weeks a month. I have a fair amount of equipment and was very fortunate as my previous partner had a late model 4 x 4 pickup (I don't) and an enclosed utility trailer. If you live near by, have the fever, send me a message here on the forum. Thanks.

h20prospector

Hey h20prospector,

Even though I don't live all that close to you (I live in Littleton) I'd be interested in hookin up and doin some propecting with ya. I get alot of time off from work. What type of prospecting do you do? I use a Minelab 3K but would like to venture out and try other methods. Also got a Dodge 2500 4X4 and the fever!

Be careful watch your back and keep on beepin B) - Frosty

Hey h20prospector,

Even though I don't live all that close to you (I live in Littleton) I'd be interested in hookin up and doin some propecting with ya. I get alot of time off from work. What type of prospecting do you do? I use a Minelab 3K but would like to venture out and try other methods. Also got a Dodge 2500 4X4 and the fever!

Be careful watch your back and keep on beepin B) - Frosty

Frosty,

Thanks for the reply. Currently I swing a GB2 with small coil. Have a Minelab SD2200V2 & went out to Nevada for some training, but it rained the whole time I was there, so that was a bust. Long story short, I've got a Minelab but don't know how to properly use it. It doesn't seem as easy to use as the GB. Besides the detectors, I've go a stream sluice, a Proline Highbanker/Dredge combo, and the assorted pans, classifiers etc. Was going to do some highbanking this summer, but since my partner is leaving, that's up in the air. Where do you prospect, and have you been somewhat successful? Give me a call at home - 719-390-7427 or cell - 719-290-7909 and I'm sure we can arrange something.

Pat

• Admin

Hey Pat,

Hopefully you can hook up with Frosty, he's a great guy. Sorry to hear about your field instructions in Nevada. Sometimes the weather can suck up there around Rye Patch.

If you have questions on your SD2200v2, I will do my best to help you out here.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hey Pat,

Hopefully you can hook up with Frosty, he's a great guy. Sorry to hear about your field instructions in Nevada. Sometimes the weather can suck up there around Rye Patch.

If you have questions on your SD2200v2, I will do my best to help you out here.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Thanks Rob,

The ground got saturated enough that Gerry said it would be hard to hear the faint deep signal and to distinguish it from other sounds. I have another year from June 09 to make another training session. I'll get it figured out yet!

Pat

• Admin

Hey Pat,

You're very welcome.

Not sure I understand about the wet ground. I've always found deeper nuggets when the ground is damp vs. very dry ground. I prefer to hunt old patches for faint targets just after a light rain. The Rye Patch area might be a bit different though.

Dig all targets with the SD2200v2. Don't put much faith into target responses ... you will miss gold! I've dug many sizeable nuggets that sounded like iron rubbish. Some targets screamed, some targets gave double hits, some were Woo-Wee's and others were Wee-Woo's.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

Rob

I know Gerry is a great guy and offers training with all detectors he sales but for you to step in and offer help to a fellow that got his detector from another dealer I'd say you have to be just a all around great guy to deal with and person.

I know you and Gerry both are the great dealers being you don't disappear after the sale.I'm not just blowing smoke I've gotten detectors from both of you.

Chuck Anders

Rob

I know Gerry is a great guy and offers training with all detectors he sales but for you to step in and offer help to a fellow that got his detector from another dealer I'd say you have to be just a all around great guy to deal with and person.

I know you and Gerry both are the great dealers being you don't disappear after the sale.I'm not just blowing smoke I've gotten detectors from both of you.

Chuck Anders

Chuck,

Thanks for the kind words about Rob's comments.

I've never met Rob, but he must be one heck of a fellow, especially since prospecting isn't his day job, or at least that's what I've heard. Sounds as though Rob is much like Gerry,out of Boise ID, in that they will talk to you after the sale. Too bad car salesman aren't like that!

Pat

Morning Pat: Yup, one never knows what the next hour's weather will be at Rye Patch. It's a crap shoot for sure. I've seen Rye Patch weather start out with clear blue sky and in a short period of time seen it blow cold winds, rain, sleet, and snow all within a few hours. Those chevron nuggets are sure pretty!

Don

Morning Pat: Yup, one never knows what the next hour's weather will be at Rye Patch. It's a crap shoot for sure. I've seen Rye Patch weather start out with clear blue sky and in a short period of time seen it blow cold winds, rain, sleet, and snow all within a few hours. Those chevron nuggets are sure pretty!

Don

Don,

Your right. Weather was great Friday morning, but turned crappy a little after noon and didn't let up. Understand Minelab likes moist ground, but was given the option to return at a later date. I was looking forward to possibly finding a couple of small chevron nuggets, but was told to concentrate on finding lead bullets which leads to gold. Odd concept, but will follow it from here on out and dig ALL targets since I've got the SD2200V2. I'm not good enough to distinguish between trash and the real thing yet

Pat