smelting gold help

Hello,

I have a decent producing hardrock mine in Golden Valley, AZ. I have a shaker table and an impact mill that I use to obtain concentrates. The ore has a fair amount of black sand in it and some clay. I plan to leach what I do not catch in my first 2 high concentration shaker table troughs. I would like to learn to smelt the concentrates to get the extremely fine gold out of the crushed ore (the gold is smaller than -30 mesh and some is even micron in size, that we can only see with a microscope. Does anyone know if there is an available video that shows the complete smelting purchase that one can purchase? Or, is there anyone withing a couple hundred miles of Golden Valley that teaches how to smelt gold from start to finish? Or someone that is willing to allow me to watch the complete process? I am also interested in learning to leach on a small scale basis. Thanks.

Darryl

Darryl -

A lot depends on what you actually have. Smelting black sands is much different than smelting sulfides. Ditto for leaching black sands vs. leaching sulfide concentrates. ITs not a simple topic, but there are some books that are out there. Amalgamation might also be an option.

Chris

Hello,

I have a decent producing hardrock mine in Golden Valley, AZ. I have a shaker table and an impact mill that I use to obtain concentrates. The ore has a fair amount of black sand in it and some clay. I plan to leach what I do not catch in my first 2 high concentration shaker table troughs. I would like to learn to smelt the concentrates to get the extremely fine gold out of the crushed ore (the gold is smaller than -30 mesh and some is even micron in size, that we can only see with a microscope. Does anyone know if there is an available video that shows the complete smelting purchase that one can purchase? Or, is there anyone withing a couple hundred miles of Golden Valley that teaches how to smelt gold from start to finish? Or someone that is willing to allow me to watch the complete process? I am also interested in learning to leach on a small scale basis. Thanks.

Darryl

Darryl I would get ahold of Don Robinson he has some knowledge in this area. Are you working with Chuck on this?

Hello all,

Thanks for for the replies. We are not smelting sulfides, but black sand. I will see where it leads me. I will contact Russ and try Don Robinson again. I also found a person that may be able to help me who is in Bodfish, CA (down in Southern CA). I learned to do torch assays a few days ago, and now need to do some practicing. I will let you know how it goes as I learn more. There used to be a video that the GPAA put out on smelting gold in a gas furnace (we have one), but they do not offer it anymore. If anyone has a copy and wants to sell it to me or sell me a copy of it, please let me know. Thanks.

Darryl