Short hunt today with Dean

Well I always saw Dean From Mariposa posting, so I got in touch with him, and today we had a short 4 hour hunt, No gold onlt square nails and junk, got the skunk both of us, it was nice to meet Dean, He's retired and 9 years older than me, he was a CHP. But now he's a gold hunter, I hope we can soon turn him into a gold finder. Rob, he liked my pick, so maybe he will order one from you, he was useing his gold bug, me the 2200, he has 3500, but needs a battery system for it, I told him to contact you about the pocket rocket system and a couple of 7800mah batteries. First of many hunts to come, he only lives about a mile or so from me. Good hunting with you Dean. More to come. Grubstake

Yeh It was kind of medium cool today, so it wasn't bad, company was good. My last hunt before I got to my heart DR. on the 6th and then again on the 13th, then to Monerey to put my brothers ashes in the bay. I may get to sneak one more in this weekend, maybe. Hope so. deans a great guy, enjoyed his company. we will be hunting more, together soon. Grubstake

grubsteak, nice to hear that you got out and it probably will do you some good to continue. i know that you have to see the doc soon and wish you the very best of luck and hope that everything will work good so you can get back out there looking for that yellow stuff. take care, gb. ron :D

Yeh I don't know with all the cuts there doing here in Ca. to the Medical sysytem and even now the FEDS. are going close the post offices in some places, might be a good time for a new start-up company! We could call it the PONY EXPRESS! What DO you think? :wacko::wacko::closedeyes::rolleyes: Grubstake My heart DR. Raise's Arabians, maybe he will let us barrow a few for the new start up company! Anyone want to invest?

grubstake,

Thanks for a fantastic day we had out in the sun! We didn't hit the Mother Lode, but we had a lot of fun digging holes. Others might think we are crazy, but it's only one step in a great adventure.

I have a long day in Fresno tomarrow at my heart DRS. For my test, So if they don't stick me in the hospital, and its cool SAT. maybe we can get out for a few more hours. on SAT. I'll call you Friday to see how its going to go. Gary

Sounds good to me...The way you glide up those hillsides, you shouldn't have a problem with the Doc...Looking forward for your call Friday...

Dean, you shold send ROB a PM and find out about the pick you wanted, there called the Ground Squirle or something like that, Doc had them made, and ROB sell them. Also the pocket Rocket battery system for your 3500, Rob has them both. Grubstake

Hi Grubstake

Just want to say, Good for you! Getting out and a freind to go out with.

Wishing the best to you. Hang in there!

The Best to You

Herb

Yeh, I was lucky it was a cool day, had Cabin fever big time, been under lot of stress in the past couple of months. And I really can't hunt by my self without upsetting the wife. Dean is close enough, if we go, he can be here in about 5 minutes. always nice to have someone go, after all thats what its about. To me anyway. GRubstake

Hi Gary

I agree with Jim, Dean may be one of your best finds ever. I have several what I would call

best friends and none of them detect, although my 24 year old son is truly my best freind

and loves to hunt for gold, if there's water, good luck with that around East county S.D.

Gary How far is Happy Camp from you. A friend has acreage on the Klamath(400ft river

front) opposite side of river away from town. Patented placer claim from 1862. Maybe be there in a few weeks. I'll ask if visitors are O.K. I've been there before, it's outstanding, one area has been

hydroliked. Last time played in the river and found color. I'm rambling.

Best To You and Dean

Herb

Happy Camp is close to 300 miles if not more. Will be going to AZ. Labor day weekend to hunt, Weavers and the Y-Not claims, with my uncle and his distant relation that just moved up to Peeples Valley, at least we won't have to camp, we will be staying in his trailer he has rented up there. His name is Tex Garmany and has already done pretty good on the Y-Not claims. We'll just have to join, I think he said it was around $35.00 for the year. Grubstake

Grubstake

I know Weaver is 25$ a year but I never heard of y-not claims (club). Just who is this y-not club and just where are they?It's great to hear your getting out nugget hunting.I know you said that you had to go to the Heart Dr. this week and I hope all goes well.

You will out live most of us that don't know we have trouble being you do and taking care of yourself.

Do let us hear how your doing.

Chuck Anders

Had my test today, now the DR. wants to do an agioplaty on me, he said I have lots of heart scarring and most likely another stoped up attery or two. I will be having it in the next 30 days, asoon as my insurance aproves it, But I told him not Labor Day weekend, because I was going to AZ. with my uncle. I knew something was wrong, and figured I was going to have to have another heart surgery. But was hoping for better. Grubstake

Hi Gary

Sounds a little far for a quick jaunt, but I'll ask anyhow. The AZ trip sounds promising.

Nice to not have to camp, especially when its hot. Hope all goes for the best with

the Doc.

Regards

Herb

Yeh Mike, I been going LOCO, cabin fever, but thats about to change. I'm sure I will feel much better after they get my heart reamed out, Takes more than a few heart attacks to get rid of me, after all I got OKIE Blood in my veins. :):lol::lol: Grubstake