Quad registration

Sorry off topic. I went to AZDMV the other day to register a quad I brought over with me from California. They Want $329 to register it plus $25 for A green Sticker?? My question is does this sound right and I was wondering if some of you could share your yearly registration costs for there quads.

1 Dredger. That sounds crazy. I just registered my new quad street legal and I think it cost me less than 50 bucks total. Maybe they have some extra charges for it being out of state? Ron is right about going to Wickenburg . They are very helpful and you are in and out in no time. It's tucked away next to the Subway shop as you come into town from Phoenix on the right. Lots of easy parking and no crowds. ----Bob

Thats sound cool street legal. What did you have to do? Emissions test? What about auto insurance did you have to get it? I remember last time we talked you said you we thinking of that. Heck your quad is brand new. I have paid through the teeth on my travel trailer and my vehicles. Way more than in CA. I might go to the Wickenburg shop and see if I can speak to a manager and have my fees looked at again for a second of opinion.

hey1dredger

something sounds wrong i just had my quad street legal you must have a horn, mirror and insurance. i went in to dmv and they didn't even go outside to take a look :rolleyes: if you say you are only going to use it only 10 percent of the time on the highway you get a big discount if i remember right i only paid 30 dollars and that included the hov sticker for the year.

good luck

Lon

Hey 1dredger back in the late eighty's the CA DMV used to charge for out of state one time registration fee plus the tags. This was later ruled in court to be illegal and a small portion of the money was returned to consumers (me excluded). sounds like what the AZ DMV is doing.

WITH STATE REVENUES DISAPPEARING DON'T BE SURPRISED AT NEW TAXES AND FEES.

MD

How much did you pay for it? Is the $300 bucks for taxes? If so tell them you paid $500 for it or something. I'm from California but shoot it don't cost that much for my truck.

They say title and registration. I paid $3000 dollars for this 4 years ago. They did not ask me how much I paid. They were closed today since it was Monday so I'm gonna call tomorrow.

1 dredger. I just registered a 1 year old RZR. Tax, license plates, OHV tags Totalled $35.00 . I told her about your case and she said if it isn't brand new it should be less than $50.00. That was in Wickenburg. It took me 5 minutes in and out.---Bob

I finally got to the bottom of this. DMV said today when I called that when I was there it seems that they lost the batch on my credit card payment. It was actually for my Travel trailer as well as quad. What nimrods. I told them to bad I wasn't a private business owner trying to run a business that way. I have new plates and a reciepts for both. This deal is classic. I went to the DMV off of Indian School Road on a Saturday, the only time I have available. What cr_p that place has to be the dirtyest place I've ever been to.