First day with my GPX4000

Well I started out with a SD2200d and when I got that detector I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Then my hunting buddy (LuckyLundy)got a GP Extreme and was picking up some smaller nuggets that I was missing. At the time I failed to notice as we were in a new patch and both finding a good amount of gold. As the patch started to slim down a bit it became aparent. Lucky had just got a GPX4000 and finding even smaller gold then before. Damn so I had to take the plung and buy a GP3000. I loved my GP3000 that thing ran smooth and as you can see by past post I was keeping up just fine with the other guys. This last month Lucky and I ran into a good patch that had a ton of nuggets in it. The down side was there was some major EMI's that the GPX4000 sucked up well and the 3000 was lagging. After a trip to the mountians and the ground was so hot I had to use a DD coil and couldn't run the mono coil my mind was made up, I need a little better detector. So I just got a used GPX4000 and got to test run it today. I was suprised how well it did!!! Man I was up in some HOT dirt today and she ran very nice. I was scared that there would be a learning curve moving up but it was about 10 minutes and had it figured out easy machine to run. So put in a couple of hours and found four nuggets for .6dwt. I was really happy that I could pick this size gold out in dirt that my 3000 wouldn't ever run in. Well I really like my machine and glad I got it one hell of a detector so far no doubt, I should have listen to Rick sooner. He will give his report when he gets home he stayed up in the woods to hunt another day. Here are the pictures of mine.

104_0130.jpg

Well I started out with a SD2200d and when I got that detector I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Then my hunting buddy (LuckyLundy)got a GP Extreme and was picking up some smaller nuggets that I was missing. At the time I failed to notice as we were in a new patch and both finding a good amount of gold. As the patch started to slim down a bit it became aparent. Lucky had just got a GPX4000 and finding even smaller gold then before. Damn so I had to take the plung and buy a GP3000. I loved my GP3000 that thing ran smooth and as you can see by past post I was keeping up just fine with the other guys. This last month Lucky and I ran into a good patch that had a ton of nuggets in it. The down side was there was some major EMI's that the GPX4000 sucked up well and the 3000 was lagging. After a trip to the mountians and the ground was so hot I had to use a DD coil and couldn't run the mono coil my mind was made up, I need a little better detector. So I just got a used GPX4000 and got to test run it today. I was suprised how well it did!!! Man I was up in some HOT dirt today and she ran very nice. I was scared that there would be a learning curve moving up but it was about 10 minutes and had it figured out easy machine to run. So put in a couple of hours and found four nuggets for .6dwt. I was really happy that I could pick this size gold out in dirt that my 3000 wouldn't ever run in. Well I really like my machine and glad I got it one hell of a detector so far no doubt, I should have listen to Rick sooner. He will give his report when he gets home he stayed up in the woods to hunt another day. Here are the pictures of mine.

104_0130.jpg

Congratulations on your GPX4000 and your finds Nuggetslayer. The GPX is a great machine to work with. Hope you find lots of gold. Guido...

• Admin

Hey Nuggetslayer,

Congrats on your new nuggets. This is just the beginning with the GPX-4000. You will find much more in old patches. The Sensitive/Extra mode is a killer on multi-pennyweight and smaller pieces at depth. If the mineralization is real bad, give the Sensitive/Smooth timing a go. There are a lot of combinations on the GPX series, so have fun experimenting and digging nuggets with them! :D

Great talking with you today and Thanks for the order. Will get it out ASAP.

Wishing you much more luck out there with the new detector.

Rob Allison

Hey Nuggetslayer

Nice going and nice nuggets. Bet you can't wait to get back out there. Probably couldn't have dragged me out of the woods. Glad to here you like the 4000. Looking for one myself but have to sell a few

things first. Keep us posted on finds and coils, settings etc.

Good Hunting

Herb

NuggetSlayer had to leave Saturday and get some rest...as many of you may know, he is taking a full load of College courses and had a ton of homework to complete. It sure doesn't matter, he still finds a few hours to hunt some gold and even put the skunk on me Saturday. But, I'm sure he'll tell you I was nursing a Friday binge on Saturday (all day). Oh, you left to early buddy...I felt good this morning!

LuckyLundy