GPX-4500 made of gold?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or If you miss out on that deal you can always go after this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLATINUM-ORE-NATURAL-S...id=p3286.c0.m14

:lol:

Jen unfortunately there is a lot of people out there that just don't know and that's why forums like this help educate them so they don't fall into scams like these. Take care AzNuggetBob

It's a rare glimpse of what a real old-fashioned gold rush used to be about.

They are taking advantage of the extremely high demand for GPX 4500s at the moment.

I turned down an offer for nearly twice the original price for my own this week.

A second hand 4000 sold for more than a new 4500 this week on Ebay.

With demand so high, a lot of people are trying to turn a massive profit by selling them for two or three times their original price.

Watch closely when supply returns to normal. That's when the fun will start.

Hmmmm.

It's a rare glimpse of what a real old-fashioned gold rush used to be about.

They are taking advantage of the extremely high demand for GPX 4500s at the moment.

I turned down an offer for nearly twice the original price for my own this week.

A second hand 4000 sold for more than a new 4500 this week on Ebay.

With demand so high, a lot of people are trying to turn a massive profit by selling them for two or three times their original price.

Watch closely when supply returns to normal. That's when the fun will start.

Hmmmm.

Sounds like I should put mine up on ebay, dump it and then replace with a new one and get the free extra battery. :)

Or If you miss out on that deal you can always go after this one.

Hey AzNuggetBob, I see your $750,000.00 'platinum' nugget - and raise you a 6.3 gram (!!!!) nugget for $500,000.00 - I believe it sold last year.

LINK: The "Jesus Nugget".

LINK: Original EBay Listing

What can I say. Just WOW!

Jen: There's a FREE BATTERY NOW???

(Batteries are probably next in the scarce items list)

Hey AzNuggetBob, I see your $750,000.00 'platinum' nugget - and raise you a 6.3 gram (!!!!) nugget for $500,000.00 - I believe it sold last year.

LINK: The "Jesus Nugget".

LINK: Original EBay Listing

What can I say. Just WOW!

Jen: There's a FREE BATTERY NOW???

(Batteries are probably next in the scarce items list)

Hi Marco.. yup several places were adding an extra battery for a while (when they were in stock that is).

Jen

Nero I know it seem like a joke but others may not see that way. AzNuggetBob

I know what you mean. It's pretty serious business for those people in the regions involved in the current goldrushes. Wish I could see it first hand.

The thing that has me baffled is why people just want the 4500s and absolutely nothing else will do for them. I'm still scratching my head on that one.

If there's a Goldrush in some parts of the world, you'd think they'd use any detector with similar abilities.

As for religious themed nuggets, we have one here in a private collection that is under a gram and kind of resembles a woman with a halo holding a child.

As you can imagine, the owners have been bombarded with calls from hopeful collectors.

By the way, that "Platinum" nugget you found on Ebay looks a little larger and darker than anything I've ever seen. Do you think it's legitimate?

Damn, I just realized ALL my nuggets look like Jesus, except for the one's that look like Buddah and Confucius.... :rolleyes::blush: ... and, at $25,000/ gram they're all for sale :lol: :lol: ... as far as the Minelabs, it seems everywhere but eBay, the prices are dropping faster than Obama's approval ratings.... :D:):o Cheers, Unc

Where I was in the Central Highlands of Brasil (just got back) a brand new 4500 from a dealer cost $17,500 Reals. They actually had one on the shelf. To the prospectors down there that is just what is seems like $17,500! In US$ that equals..$9210. And.. the instruction manual is still in English! They do however offer as the stock coil as either the Mono or DD 15X12 elliptical Commander coil.

Average monthly wage is $450 Reals or about US $240.

Nero A chunk of "ore" does not constitute a nugget in my opinion. if it did I would have several hundred pound "nuggets" in my collection. This is probably going to start a debate as to when a chunk of ore becomes a nugget.The color purple is a good sign but if every purple rock Ive found was platinum I'de be a very rich man. the ppm could be very weak even if this is a chunk of platinum ore, less than an ounce in the entire rock. The surface of it looks volcanic and many volcanic rocks contain trace amounts of precious metal but should not be considered nuggets.... Ive seen some interesting shaped nuggets but even a grilled cheese sandwich with a familiar shape can bring big bucks on ebay. Take care AznuggetBob

Jennifer,

Don't think that you can go wrong with a little Silver & Gold.

I keep a dab myself. It's my pair of socks for a rainy day.

The way things are going I don't think that day is too far away, hope I'm wrong.

Bob T.

It's where all my extra money goes Bob, I couldn't agree with you more.... as soon as I get paid, I move my money out of fiat currency and into Canadian Silver or Gold maples.

Cheers

Jen

Jen, Nero I think your correct on the gold rush and its not just here in the USA but it does remind me of the 80's gold rush when gold hit $800.00 an ounce I went back to one of my favorite stomping grounds in California and the creeks there were lined with dredges. The dealers could not keep up with demand. dredges were commanding very high prices over retail. the manufactures weren't expecting the rush. but getting back to the Minelab rush Ive been talking to a lot of people about the 5000 and have not been able to get a strait answer on its release? so unless you have two 4500's you may want to hang on to it. . . and personally Id rather find new gold than sit on old gold. JMO

Take care out there AzNuggetBob

Why would somebody spend almost twice the normal price is beyond me, you can buy a GPX-4500 for $4,500 on eBay with less then a 60 day wait. Using the current bing cashback eBay discount you can get $200 off the price as well making it $4,300.

On a side note, I think anybody even paying $4,500 for a detector is inane, unless you live in a gold rich place and know where to find it so you can at least be certain of making your money back.

Gigahertz. What are you talking about? Nothing is a sure thing in the gold hunting game and most will never make their money back, but maybe 20% do and some make many times their investment back . It's prospecting just like it always has been. Those who work hard and really commit themselves have a real good chance and even those who don't make money at it usually enjoy every minute of the hunt. How many people make money fishing, riding quads, hunting , playing golf etc? It isn't all about money to the vast majority of people, it's more about doing something you enjoy. I bet I have more than $4,500.00 tied up in my fishing tackle and way more than that in my boat . Way more than that in my 4 wheel drive truck that I need to pull my boat and move my quads around . $4,500.00 for a detector is nothing compared to the cost of many other hobbies.----Bob

Gigahertz. What are you talking about? Nothing is a sure thing in the gold hunting game and most will never make their money back, but maybe 20% do and some make many times their investment back . It's prospecting just like it always has been. Those who work hard and really commit themselves have a real good chance and even those who don't make money at it usually enjoy every minute of the hunt. How many people make money fishing, riding quads, hunting , playing golf etc? It isn't all about money to the vast majority of people, it's more about doing something you enjoy. I bet I have more than $4,500.00 tied up in my fishing tackle and way more than that in my boat . Way more than that in my 4 wheel drive truck that I need to pull my boat and move my quads around . $4,500.00 for a detector is nothing compared to the cost of many other hobbies.----Bob

Bob,

You are absolutely right about the cost of hobbies. I loved to fly fish and I bet I have over $10,000.00 in assorted equipment. I've got one fly rod that cost over $1500.00 alone. I'm 63 now and don't get out like I used too, but I'll have the memories forever. I've gone through so many hot cars in my time that $4500.00 for a detector is nothing. Would I like to have all the money I spent on cars, upkeep, money spent to get to all the neat out of they way places in the world I've been fly fishing - sure, but the fun I had doing all those things is priceless! I had a blast doing those things, they same way I now enjoy prospecting. My expenses have always exceeded my finds, but the thrill of finding a piece of gold that is like a snow flake, no two are alike, can't compare! Enjoy the moment!!

h20prospector.

I guess, but I would think somebody that just wants to have fun would buy something less then a grand. I bet if you asked your average non-detectorist person (wife/girlfriend) about what they thought of somebody buying a metal detector for $4,500, their response would be something like...."Holy Shit!"

I don't know about the other people here, but I would feel like I'm getting ripped off paying that much. I wonder how much it cost Minelab to produce a single GPX-4500, I bet they are making a killing on the markup, or is pulse induction technology just that expensive?