GPX-4500 made of gold?

Guest GoldProspectinginOz
--------or is pulse induction technology just that expensive?

No Pi technology is not that expensive.We hope to have a micro controlled Pi detector on the market for less than $800 and a USA designer also hopes to bring a a discriminating Pi to market for very much less than what a 4500 costs.

see QED Pi detector

http://goldprospecting.invisionplus.net/?m...mp;showforum=71

See USA Goldsweeper detector

http://goldprospecting.invisionplus.net/?m...mp;showforum=76

MPi detector

http://goldprospecting.invisionplus.net/?m...mp;showforum=73

cheers to all,

doug

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Pi technology is not that expensive.We hope to have a micro controlled Pi detector on the market for less than $800 and a USA designer also hopes to bring a a discriminating Pi to market for very much less than what a 4500 costs.

see QED Pi detector

http://goldprospecting.invisionplus.net/?m...mp;showforum=71

See USA Goldsweeper detector

http://goldprospecting.invisionplus.net/?m...mp;showforum=76

MPi detector

http://goldprospecting.invisionplus.net/?m...mp;showforum=73

cheers to all,

doug

Looks pretty neat, I'm sure alot of people would jump on one of these if it can perform similar to the high end PI detectors.

Gigahertz, Apparently $4,500.00 is chump change on the world market. Every Minelab dealer in the world is swamped with orders they can't fill. It seems that it is the only business on earth right now that has no shortage of customers.-Bob

Depends on who you believe as to why there is a shortage of 4500's!

doug

Looks pretty neat, I'm sure alot of people would jump on one of these if it can perform similar to the high end PI detectors.

Based on latest testing I believe the QED will in some aspects outperform ANY existing consumer Pi detector.

doug

Why would somebody spend almost twice the normal price is beyond me, you can buy a GPX-4500 for $4,500 on eBay with less then a 60 day wait. Using the current bing cashback eBay discount you can get $200 off the price as well making it $4,300.

On a side note, I think anybody even paying $4,500 for a detector is inane, unless you live in a gold rich place and know where to find it so you can at least be certain of making your money back.

Gigahertz21

You walked right into the Minelab dealers trap with your common sense opinion. It gives them a chance to blow smoke up your ass, while catching a few fools reading this at the same time.

You are absolutely right about paying twice the going rate. P.T. Barnum once said "Never give a fool a fair chance", apparently some Minelab dealers feel the same way.

You can find more gold than most by putting more effort into hunting than the others that came before. I have found most of my nuggets with muscle and sweat. No detector invented to date would have found most of them alone. I just removed enough material to get my coil close enough to the nuggets in order to find them with my GP3000. The moral of the story is just work harder at it and then you can just shake your head at the ones paying God aweful prices for detectors. No body can compete with ones own knowledge and effort. You are in total control of both your knowledge and effort, just increase one or both and watch the gold going into your poke start increasing.

Go where gold has been found before and outwork the ones that have come before you. You will be amazed before you are half way through.

Doug I was wondering how long it would take for you to jump in here. I saw it coming. Well while your busy pounding your keyboard and pumping your anti-Minelab propaganda machine, I'll be out finding nuggets. Have a great day. :D AzNuggetBob

Send me one to test Doug, I have some of the Worse mineralised ground in the US there is to detect, besides, I'd like to finally see! It and not hear about it, like I have for the last 4+ years? Grubstake

The QED has only been on the web for less than 2 years so I do not know about this 4+ years?

"Send me one to test Doug, I have some of the Worse mineralised ground in the US there is to detect"

No need, some Vic OZ ground is the worst in the world.

cheers,

doug

Sure Doug, the QED will be hitting the market any year now!!! By then it will be as cutting edge as a BFO Bounty Hunter!!! :lol:

The MPI, and the USA Goldsweeper are definately going to market and sooner rather than later. All 3 are cutting edge technology. This is why the QED has a target sensitivity and resolution far beyond ANY consumer Pi and why it will be able to run 5 timings sequentially in one coil sweep (actually over 4cm). Tell me another detector that can do this? Tell me of another detector that has SMR or uses state of the art integrating ADC's (which eat noise!) or the abilty for the user to program his own timings or GB regime etc directly into the micro controller?

If you have any further questions or critismns why not come over to the forum and ask the designers directly?

cheers too you,

doug

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Well I'm just passing information around, but the backorder of Minelab GPX-4500's is over 1,000 again. It sure seems like a huge number, but then again we have never had no many potential customers call from different countries, or trying to purchase them here in the US and send them to different countries.

Dutchman - You seem to have a bitter taste about Minelab dealers anymore. You make them sound like they are out to ripe someone off. I think a good percentage of the Minelab dealers shoot their customers the honest truth about them. I'm sure there might be a few that stretch the truth a bit to make a sale.

Without a doubt, I know you have found a bunch of gold with your GP3000 and hard work. I've seen the spots where you rolled rocks and dug areas up. There probably isn't a metal detector on this Planet that would find some of the nuggets you dug at several foot. However, keep in mind you didn't get everything doing your method. Not everyone has the strong back and endurance it takes to roll rocks and dig trenches and holes several feet deep searching for gold nuggets. I would put my paycheck on it that several GPX-4500's went over the areas you worked and found nuggets you missed.

I'm still waiting for one of these $800 PI's to match something that cost in the range of $4000 - $5,000. I will be the first to eat my words when I see it in person! :ph34r:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob

I wasn't referring to you personally, but rather to Minelab. I completely understand you as a dealer selling your product, and the best part is that you truly believe in it. I personally think you are a good man, and a helluva nugget hunter. You know how to work hard. If I have a negative opinion it is toward Minelab, not you personally. I just don't like the way Minelab takes advantage of their customers by trying to put a new detector in their hands every year or two. Minelab has no loyalty or principles that I can see. The fact that they don't want to service the older models and artificially limit supply in order to keep the price up, is a disgrace as far as I am concerned. I just wanted to put some balance into the debate on whether newer is better. Sorry I sounded negative, but you of all people need to know how customers like me feel about the products you sell. I personally really like my GP3000 and have used the piss out of it with no problems to this point. I will eventually buy a younger generation machine at some point, but it needs to pencil out first. :rolleyes: No hard feelings towards you, Take Care.

The MPI, and the USA Goldsweeper are definately going to market and sooner rather than later. All 3 are cutting edge technology. This is why the QED has a target sensitivity and resolution far beyond ANY consumer Pi and why it will be able to run 5 timings sequentially in one coil sweep (actually over 4cm). Tell me another detector that can do this? Tell me of another detector that has SMR or uses state of the art integrating ADC's (which eat noise!) or the abilty for the user to program his own timings or GB regime etc directly into the micro controller?

If you have any further questions or critismns why not come over to the forum and ask the designers directly?

cheers too you,

doug

All 3 of them detectors have not been proven yet!!! So stop acting like they are going to be better than a Minelab. I would not fit in with your clan of dreamers on your forum. I like things that are real, not on some workbench where nothing has been proven in the field. Also I thought the price was going to be $600.00? now its up to $800.00? And thats a kit right?? That should keep you busy with all the returns for problems with people putting it together!!!

I like things that are real, not on some workbench where nothing has been proven in the field.

Wrong as far the QED goes!How would you know what field testing has been done? or the results or such testing? How about you try to answer my question.

Tell me of another detector that has SMR or uses state of the art integrating ADC's (which eat noise!) or the abilty for the user to program his own timings or GB regime etc directly into the micro controller or can run sequentially up to 5 timings in ONE coil sweep? Can ANY ML detector do these things? Why are you afraid to come onto Gpoz and challenge the dreamers as you call them?

cheers.

doug

Wrong as far the QED goes!How would you know what field testing has been done? or the results or such testing? How about you try to answer my question.

Tell me of another detector that has SMR or uses state of the art integrating ADC's (which eat noise!) or the abilty for the user to program his own timings or GB regime etc directly into the micro controller or can run sequentially up to 5 timings in ONE coil sweep? Can ANY ML detector do these things? Why are you afraid to come onto Gpoz and challenge the dreamers as you call them?

cheers.

doug

I will come there when you stop beating around the bush and answer my questions above!! Has the QED been out in the bush and found any nuggets yet???? According to you and Bugsy it has not.

I will come there when you stop beating around the bush and answer my questions above!! Has the QED been out in the bush and found any nuggets yet???? According to you and Bugsy it has not.

Yes it has been out in the bush (their are pictures on the forum) and tested on nuggets (at the test sites) but has not found any virgin nuggets yet. Now you can answer my questions above and also tell us all why you (and others)will not come to forum and challenge us dreamers. The detector designers there would look forward to being challenged and talk about their "vapor detectors" LOL! What are you afraid of?

cheers,

doug

Doug I got this from a well known physicist,

"A device that has not been proven in an environment for which it was created only exists in theory".

Its always made sense to me.

Its a well known fact that of all the technology that's being experimented with on a daily basis 98% or more never makes it into production. even if the product is viable there many other considerations that must be taken into account. the list is long, and here is just a few. marketing, packaging, patent infringement, testing, just getting the bugs out (Dave) can stop the detector from ever making it to market. Most people aren't interested in hearing how or why it works they just want a detector that's reliable and has been tested and proven by well known professionals. Its just that plain and simple!. AzNuggetBob

Doug I got this from a well known physicist,

"A device that has not been proven in an environment for which it was created only exists in theory".

Its always made sense to me.

So far it works well in the environment for which it was created!

cheers,

doug

Yeah, was gonna be $600, now $800, 33% increase already and the thing still hasn't found a nugget.

Unless they copy the minelab GB system, the thing will always be a dud. :rolleyes:

Inhere , perhaps you can tell all the folk here about Pi Gb systems eg Give us your insights into the Poole and Eric Foster methods compared to those used by ML. :D :D I am all ears !

cheers.

doug

Well Doug, Poole was pretty smart but he had nothing to do with gold detecting.

Eric's method of GB was third class and appeared to GB'ed out not only the ground but also target's at depth, when used in our mineralised ground.

Given that nobody on poxinoz is as smart as Eric, the rest of you have no chance.

That is why you would have to copy Minelab's method to even have a chance of getting the QED to work as well as one of the older GP's. Forget about trying to out do the GPX'S, no chance.

You like to ask inane questions and demand answers but in truth none of you guy's even understand how ANY of the Minelab Pi's work.

Not even the old 2000.

I will give you an example:

Gary Q asks "Does adjusting the Gain mod to GB1 and GB2 channels on my 2000 change its original "Math" used for Ground Balancing?"

Some supposed "guru" answers "No".

Wrong answer Doug! Maybe he should have asked Zed, or better still PM'ed Robby_H, he would have explained WHY it does upset the original math.

I have also seen post's by you wannebes bucketing enhance.

Well how about you explain how Enhance works? I will bet you don't even have a clue.

I would bet money that Robby_H knows! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Doug, Poole was pretty smart but he had nothing to do with gold detecting.

Eric's method of GB was third class and GB'ed out not only the ground but also target's at depth, when used in our mineralised ground.

Given that nobody on poxinoz is as smart as Eric, the rest of you have no chance.

That is why you would have to copy Minelab's method to even have a chance of getting the QED to work as well as one of the older GP's. Forget about trying to out do the GPX'S, no chance.

You like to ask inane questions and demand answers but in truth none of you guy's even understand how ANY of the Minelab Pi's work.

Not even the old 2000.

I will give you an example:

Gary Q asks "Does adjusting the Gain mod to GB1 and GB2 channels on my 2000 change its original "Math" used for Ground Balancing?"

Some supposed "guru" answers "No".

Wrong answer Doug! Maybe he should have asked Zed, or better still PM'ed Robby_H, he would have explained WHY it does upset the original math.

I have also seen post's by you wannebes bucketing enhance.

Well how about you explain how Enhance works? I will bet you don't even have a clue.

I would bet money that Robby_H knows! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You make me laugh! How would you know if the 2000 answer is right or wrong? Can you personally tell us all why the answer is wrong? I am afraid RH 's last shred of credibilty dissappeared when he has been challenged to come and debate the merits or otherwise of Allan Westerstens Patent/method on Gpoz with Allan and he not has not done so!What is he frightened of? As far as how enhance works I don't know (or really care because it has some serious shortcomings) but the net effect can be acheived by other methods which I will not disclose. I doubt very much that RH knows how enhance works either! I can assure you that the Gb method used in the QED so far works OKl. And I can assure you that bench testing shows that the QED has superior EMI rejection and I believe better sensitivity/ resolution to a wide range of targets (including micro, porous nuggets) than the gpx 4500.In fact we cannot even test the 4500 on the bench except in cancel mode with a DD coil because it goes troppo with power line and other EMI noise sources!!!

cheers,

doug

You make me laugh, every time ANY of you guy's debate Robby_H you get your butt kicked!

You have to retreat back to poz and lick your wounds.

Allan Westerstens??? Isn't he the one who still hasn't learnt that more current into the coil is not the way to go

In mineralised ground?

Heck, no wonder Robby couldn't be bothered lobbing over poz, likely waiting til Al gets more understanding

of how Pi's should work.

BTW, I do know the answer why it upsets the math!

But I ain't gonna tell you :P

You will be pleased to know that I am being educated on the workings of the Minelab detectors by a brilliant teacher. B)