Search Coils

Somewhat new to the game (detecting not prospecting in general) currently using White's V/sat with the standard 5x10 mono coil....should I; do I need to switch to the Goldmaster DD (6x10) (50 kHz) coil? or the smaller 4x6 shooter coil made 4 this unit (if so why?)....I detect mainly in the Bagby, Horse Shoe Bend area, Moccasin creek, Snelling and near Auburn...would changing coils be a must or is it just good to have options? Is it ok to buy used coils or should one only buy new?

Thanks

Since I have owned and used that detector, and worked at Baby for over 5 years, Go with the DD coil, you won't be sorry, the minerals in the ground in those areas is a killer, DD works best, runs smoother, some loss in depth, but not enogh to make a big difference, You will get more gold witha DD on that detector in that are. Grubstake

As far as buying new, I would, unless you can get one from a reliable person that has not been beat to death for pretty cheap, you just can't beat a waranty. Grubstake

Since I have owned and used that detector, and worked at Baby for over 5 years, Go with the DD coil, you won't be sorry, the minerals in the ground in those areas is a killer, DD works best, runs smoother, some loss in depth, but not enogh to make a big difference, You will get more gold witha DD on that detector in that are. Grubstake

As far as buying new, I would, unless you can get one from a reliable person that has not been beat to death for pretty cheap, you just can't beat a waranty. Grubstake

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to use it.