Y Not claims

Hey,

I'm heading to Stanton from Colorado next month and am wondering if anyone is a member of the Y Not club, or knows anything about it? I'm an LDMA member, and plan to join the Weaver Mining District upon arrival. I realize 24 Karat club no longer has any claims at Rich Hill, and the Roadrunners club, while they might be good for someone who lives in AZ, the fee is too much for an out-of-stater who comes once and awhile. I've ordered Uncle Ron's Bradshaw package, as the two publications I have about Arizona placers are old, more than likely out of date, and some of the areas mentioned might be claimed. Thanks for any information I get.

h20prospector

• Admin

Hello H2O,

Like Adam stated, most of the ground around Rich Hill is claimed up by BLM Mineral Claims or State Exploration and Mineral Leases. There are a handful of Arizona clubs that are well worth joining. The Roadrunner Prospectors Club, LDMA, GPAA, Weaver Mining District and Y-Knot clubs are the major ones. I would suggest you join a club or two if you want to prospect around Rich Hill without having to worry if you're on someone's claims.

You can't beat joining the Weaver Mining District for like $35/year.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

Y not has some good ground claimed around Stanton. I was a member two years ago and found my first nugget on one of their claims. The fee was $30 or $35 for you and spouse then. Miners Creek Prospecting also has claims but is quite a bit higher priced. Y Not and Weaver will give you the best deal for the money. Two years ago Y not had 2 or 3 thousand acres under claim. Good hunting.

Y not has some good ground claimed around Stanton. I was a member two years ago and found my first nugget on one of their claims. The fee was $30 or $35 for you and spouse then. Miners Creek Prospecting also has claims but is quite a bit higher priced. Y Not and Weaver will give you the best deal for the money. Two years ago Y not had 2 or 3 thousand acres under claim. Good hunting.

Thanks for your input.

h20prospector

I have been a member for 2 years they have some great claims as does Weaver. You join right across the street from LDMA.Very friendly people.If the lock is on the gate they are gone otherwise go up to the house and knock on the door. I found several nuggets on Y-not. Good luck!!

Is their annual membership reasonable for someone coming from out-of-state, and not likely to make it back in 12 months? Also, does Y Not have any claims other than the Rich Hill area?