Problem with my Minelab SD2100

My SD2100 has developed a severe warble. I can't tune it out. I've tried changing the coil, battery and checked all the connections. It almost sounds like I've turned it on next to another Minelab. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong before I send it to Minelab? Thank you!

My SD2100 has developed a severe warble. I can't tune it out. I've tried changing the coil, battery and checked all the connections. It almost sounds like I've turned it on next to another Minelab. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong before I send it to Minelab? Thank you!

I HAVE A GREEN 2100 SOME TIMES IT AS A SEVERE WARBLE (VERY STRONG) SHIPPING TO MINELAB NEXT WEEK

THEY BETTER STILL WORK ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SURE THEY DO

JIM W

There's no cell tower interference. It's a not as warbly with a DD coil, but still warbles. We brought it back to camp and it still does it. I guess we'll just have to send it to Minelab. I love this machine so much; I hope they can fix it.

sure ml can fix you up its not interference others have had this trouble also sending in mine to ml this week

• Admin

Hello Donna,

It sounds like you have checked all the things on your end. My first guess would be you're near some type of EM or in town using the metal detector. If that is not the case, I would say check all the connections to make sure they are tight and also try another coil. Sounds like you have done all this.

Have you tried using the "Tuner" to see if somehow it might have gotten moved?

Yes, Minelab does repair SD's still, and I would recommend you calling Minelab USA, Repair Dept. and talk with Bill.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Hello Donna,

It sounds like you have checked all the things on your end. My first guess would be you're near some type of EM or in town using the metal detector. If that is not the case, I would say check all the connections to make sure they are tight and also try another coil. Sounds like you have done all this.

Have you tried using the "Tuner" to see if somehow it might have gotten moved?

Yes, Minelab does repair SD's still, and I would recommend you calling Minelab USA, Repair Dept. and talk with Bill.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

We've tried everything, so thanks for the info regarding Minelab. I'll have Skipperbill call them.

Take care,

d

I've experienced my green unit go insane on occasion when it encounters interference that is very strong. It's like it gets stuck in that mode and doesn't want to go out. I had this happen once when I was detecting in a wash that had a section of heavy iron laden bedrock and a helicopter flew directly overhead. The detector went nuts and started to warble like crazy. It didn't stop even when I shut down and rebooted. I had a small precision screwdriver which had a slightly magnetized tip which I would use to tune the machine. I just touched the tip to the pot screw and the interference went away in an instant. Bizarre because as far as I know, the box is plastic and the pot screw doesn't connect to anything.

Your mileage may vary. :D

sure ml can fix you up its not interference others have had this trouble also sending in mine to ml this week

Hi cop614!

Did you send your detector to ML? I've been trying to call them all week and no one will return my calls. I just called again. We'll see what happens.

Take care,

d