You have to love this hobby

Yesterday, Phil and I started out to find a new patch. We drove about 70 miles and hiked another two or three. We were looking for a new patch near one of our claims .( Desert gold diggers ) Ten hrs. later this is what I looked like. I had a fight with a Cat Claw and the bush won. We didn't find a new spot, but it was still a great day. . My puppies licked my wounds and I'm ready to go again. ( You have to love this hobby) :wub: Doug

Doug I know how you feel as a lot of us have had the catclaw scratches. Yesterday while hunting with Grubstake and Sandtrap I dug a small can lid at two feet that started with a sweet sound and Grubstake dug a shotgun shell base at one and a half feet. Plus there was the assorted bullets, etc. It was great to be out. Jerry

Doug I know how you feel as a lot of us have had the catclaw scratches. Yesterday while hunting with Grubstake and Sandtrap I dug a small can lid at two feet that started with a sweet sound and Grubstake dug a shotgun shell base at one and a half feet. Plus there was the assorted bullets, etc. It was great to be out. Jerry

Jerry, sense I bought my 4500, I spend a lot more time digging, but, it has paid off. Doug

Your supposed to carry a chainsaw & lopers :lol: Thats some unforgiving country back in there... Did you happen to find my pick leaning against a large boulder in the middle of the creek?

No I didn't . How long ago did you leave it there? It didn't look like anyone had been there in weeks. The first time that I have been there in 2 years. Doug

Hey Doug,

Sent you back over an email. Sometimes that is what it requires to find those new nugget patches. Some might be right off the main road, but for the most part you have to beat the brush for the overlooked ones.

Wishing you much luck,

Rob Allison

Rob, most of our claims have been pounded, but I am still going back and finding one now and then. Here is the one that I found today.