nokta metal detectors

Hi FLadys and gentleman,Im a newby to forum and think its great to have fellow prospector to talk to,we are a breed apart. Anyway Iam impressed with the beautifull jennifers smarts and reacherch abilities. So, jen would you be so kind,If you get some time, Iam interested in knowing about the nokta detectors. Are they for real as far as showing objects real structure in real time. Could they locate gold nuggets,do they sound off when encountering a target or just give a picture or both? Would they be good for locating patches,veins ,you know,things like this . Has anybody ever used one,or know someone who owns one? I know thats a lot of questions and to answer them if you can somehow get this infomation would be very usefull for all who search advanced state of art equiptment,sorta like the 5500! Latter Rubyman.

Hi Rubyman

Just what do you want this detector for?What I'm asking is do you want to nugget hunt,coin hunt are maybe relic hunt.You can find gold plus silver around Llano but most is not detectable.A guy by the name of Todd I think comes on here sometimes and showed some nuggets he had found.

Your like me along ways off from good nugget hunting but I still go when I can.

Let us hear more of what you want and type of detector your looking for.You have more knowledge on here about nugget hunting than you could learn in a life time.

Chuck Anders

Rubyman,

This maybe the answer you are looking for..."You will note in this actual test screen image of the Gold Frogs that the Golden King is identifying them as a detected Gold Target. As you can see the Golden King is very accurate in target identification..."

This quote is from Kellyco website, here is a link to the pages (there are 5 pages for Nokta scroll to the bottom for more pages)...

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/nokta/nokta_buy.htm

Skip

Hi Rubyman

Just what do you want this detector for?What I'm asking is do you want to nugget hunt,coin hunt are maybe relic hunt.You can find gold plus silver around Llano but most is not detectable.A guy by the name of Todd I think comes on here sometimes and showed some nuggets he had found.

Your like me along ways off from good nugget hunting but I still go when I can.

Let us hear more of what you want and type of detector your looking for.You have more knowledge on here about nugget hunting than you could learn in a life time.

Chuck Anders

Hi Chuck/ridge runner; Thanks for reply,I Have met Todd,good guy,seen him,larry vickers,scott hegal,and to my delite w.c. jameson,his lost treasure stories are great and by taking time to let me pick his brains and chew the fat,I can tell you he has been and still is a real treasure seeker;they were at the Golden Gem Rendezvous Metal detector hunt in llano texas. All the local clubs were there. Well you ask what type detector I want and what for,well I want one for nugget hunting,relic hunting & coin . From what I see the 4500 for nuggets, What mabe the E Trac for coin, the Garrett 2500/deep seeker for relic,and for the underwater hunt/beach the excaliber II 1000 .Oh also I want a machine that can locate pockets/gemstones,caves ect. You see I am lookin at treasure hunting and prospecting in a serious way as much as possible with limited funds,but I am going for the research,and the closest most affordible hunts first. Of course I cannot afford all this equiptment at once. I spent $ 10,000 on an expedition this summer to locate gemstones in cali. I purchased a Pinpointer Pro from Accurate Locaters to find the magnetite that consentates itself on the edeges of the deposit. But anyway from what goldseeker sent about the Nokta it can do anything all the detector can do and much more,except detect underwater and for that one could just get the excaliber. Anyway Thanks Rubyman.

Hi Goldseeker; I just wrote you but did not hit the right reply so ill just say as it is 1130 pm and im tired the Nokta is amazing! I would like to find some reports from fellow prospectors/relic hunters what they think. The kellyco has demostrations guess ill call to get more detales if you guys dont beet me to it.Iam fixing up my houe to sell. Maybe ill come out with some money towards equiptment/expedition . Thanks for your help Bro,see ya,Rubyman.

I don't know Flak,

I got a HipStick customer overseas that has had great success with his unit hunting for gold cashes left by the Japanese. The thing he likes best about it is it's ability to display an accurate shape of a target. Handy when digging old live ammo.

Still I'd buy from Accurate Locaters before anything from Nokta

I actually researched this detector before and I was quite impressed. Apparently other ground penetrating radar does not actually show you what is in the ground. It takes a reading, takes a look at pre-stored images that are close to what the radar is seeing and displays that pre-stored picture. It other words, it is not really real-time.

It looks at the object and says. Hey it looks like a girl, then it displays a pre-stored picture of Pan Anderson and shows it to you.

With the Nokta, it actually shows you the shape of the object, it does not show you pre-stored images, it shows you what the machine is seeing in real-time. With the Nokta, it sees a picture of Mama Cass, and shows you a picture of Mama Cass, then you can pass the target up and keep looking for Pam Anderson.

Doc

I actually researched this detector before and I was quite impressed. Apparently other ground penetrating radar does not actually show you what is in the ground. It takes a reading, takes a look at pre-stored images that are close to what the radar is seeing and displays that pre-stored picture. It other words, it is not really real-time.

It looks at the object and says. Hey it looks like a girl, then it displays a pre-stored picture of Pan Anderson and shows it to you.

With the Nokta, it actually shows you the shape of the object, it does not show you pre-stored images, it shows you what the machine is seeing in real-time. With the Nokta, it sees a picture of Mama Cass, and shows you a picture of Mama Cass, then you can pass the target up and keep looking for Pam Anderson.

Doc

Hi Doc ; thank sfor yours & Cris & Flaks input. I would like to know someone who has actually used one or owns one,and see what they have to say? So mabe some body who owns one willgrace us with there knowledge or Nokta will pick up on this forum and want to give one of you dealers a demo for sales promotion? As we know what equiptment works and what doesent is discussed here and sets the tone for sales of detectors us.& worldwide. Later Rubyman

Has anyone actually seen one of these machines work?

Like rubyman I would like to find out more about what it will really do.

I read their promotion spiel ,they should fire the joker that did that.

A whole lot of words without any useful information.

You would think that a company that builds a machine in that price

range,and supposed to be such a super machine ,would actually say

what it does. Potential customers need facts,and detailed information

on what a machine can actually do,or not do.

Who gives a rats behind about how great the screen is or the high

quality ABS plastic ? They could have told every thing they said on

half a page,instead of 5. So far we know it is high grade ABS,shows

a real time picture,and has a Jim Dandy screen. Also according to

the writer it will find a bracelet at 10 meters. But there is not one

real life find in a real world situation documented in their add.

The important things for an interested potential customer to know

are totally absent. Like show some actual finds,and actual users input.

What kind of soil it will work in,if it will pick up a one ounce nugget at

10 meters in mineralised ground. It may be the greatest machine made

but their presentation sucks.

A machine that will find a bracelet at 10 meters ,should go nuts on a

shallow gold pocket. If that is the case,and I was building it,I would

have people showing that thing off to every prospecting club or other

place I could. They insist that you make an appointment to see the

machine work. If that thing really worked and I was selling it for 6

to 10 thousand dollars a pop,I would be chasing people down the

street just to show them it works.

For instance I looked at a very high tech survey quality GPS unit and

quite expensive. They told everything that a person needed to know

with complete details with pictures on a quarter of a page. I now know

exactly what it will do without asking all over the internet and meeting

strangers in dark alleys. So if some one has real experience with that

machine please speak up.

I'd be really suspicious of any detector that was demonstrated by appointment only. Several of the most expensive LRLs are also sold this way . they have a slick talking salesman that can sell refridgerators to Eskimos, and know that they will be able to sell a certain amount of their product if they show it to enough gold crazed , impressionable newbies. I see these poor guys every year at Rich Hill . They have spent their last dime on a worthless empty box and a trip out west hoping to realize their dream. I would proceed very carefully unless I had lots of money to risk. On a limited budget I wouldn't be even thinking about buying something that not one serious and successful prospector owns or uses. It is so easy to be sucked in. It might work on some objects and have some merit, but I would buy a $500.00 VLF before risking what little money I had on something that has a 5 page promo on Kellyco which will sell anything to make a buck whether it works or not. If legitimate dealers like Rob or Doc were selling them I would take a serious look at them , but I don't see either one of them putting down the cash to buy a demonstrator yet. ---Bob

I pay attention to NvChris when says he has heard from someone who uses one and has had

great results, Chris is someone I trust, however it would be more interesting to hear

from someone with actual hands-on experience, who could really talk about the results of that experience.

For me, when I see that kind of glitzy, verbose advertising with no information actually given,

no matter what the hearsay is, the bs alarm goes off and the red flag goes up.

It is hard to imagine something like this - if it is half what it proposes to be - could have been around

and been off our radar for this long.

Flak