News from Minelab on the SD2200v2

• Admin

Hey Guys,

It's not so much about what dealer, it's just the fact that someone got so many and locals had to wait. I know there is a lot going on as far as getting detectors built and shipped to the US, but my allocations have gotten cut back a bit, so some customers are not happy. It's not my fault, I have no control over what is shipped to me. I can only hope the production gets bumped up.

There now is a mad rush for Coiltek coils. It going to be the same thing as the GPX-4500's. However, Trev @ Coiltek and Doc have a good handle on this. They will not allow the local customers to wait.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that company in FL that starts with a K won't have to worry about me buying from them ever again...the last time was two years ago for an MXT for my Dad's XMAS present! :spank: They don't give a crap about customers and their freebies are junk. My last Ml came from a good AZ ML dealer and now I'm one of those in the long waiting line for a new ML 4500 or 5000...thanks alot K. :angry2:

Bill

Laporte, CO.

I really don't know either, as I'm not in the business either! But the price there asking for a battery seems a little high to me. and I read the add that says they wan't full payment upon ordering. And they will be delivered as they come in. Kind of like buying a 2010 car and getting it in the spring of 2011. Grubstake

Gary,

If it's the "K" I'm thinking of, they're a huge dealership that lacks in customer service. Secondly, why should they get 200 units, and the rest of M/L's dealers get nothing, or next to nothing. What if the 200 units were divided equally among the dealers with orders, the machines would be in the customers hands within 12days. This whole thing sounds of an unfair business practice or a violation of the antitrust laws-Giving favor to one dealer, at the expense of the rest of the dealers. ( There is something rotten in Denmark! )

I almost forgot to mention, "K" is reaping the interest off the prepaid amount until he delivers the machine. I can understand a portion of the total price, as a down payment. Most of the the dealers operate very small businesses, as compared to "K", and cannot afford to carry the total wholesale cost of the unit, with the risk of an incomplete sale.

Hope I didn't step on any toes here. But, I operated a small business for over 15yrs and lost my tail over unfair business practices, which is covered by law in most states, and Fed anti trust laws. In the end, I was too broke and too tired to fight them. I hope this is not the case with M/L's contracted dealers! M/L has a responsibility to the end customer, that its distribution is clean and above board! Ignorance is not an excuse.

Dean

Dean, its just my opion, I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. But what other orthorised dealer has the credit line to buy 200 units? I don't even think DOC could do that, as rich as he is! Only kidding, DOC is RICH In friends, and The way he steps in to help people, he will always be Rich with friends. Grubstake

Largo as I understand it and as has already been suggested (the parting of the pie) quanity to some extent is bound by old dealer contracts and really leaves the dealers and to some extent Minelabs hands tied so to speak, and I would not doubt there are other legal issues. I think its obvious that some dealers care and some don't and Im referring to detector dealers in general. All I can say to prospective customers is go with a dealer that has a good track record of taking care of their customers.

I see your point Grubstake and I think it is a valid one. It would seem that the Sudanese just cant get enough of the batteries to go along with their new 4500's I'm going to take it a step further. If you look at the three links I posted earlier, youll see Minelab is working overtime cranking out gold machines. keeping in mind that they, Minelab are building all the GPX's in Australia, according to reliable sources, Now Im just guessing here, but lets say they are spending some of that overtime stock piling GPX 5000's which may also explain some of the shortages on the 4500's,

I hope your watching and listening Minelab, as a matter of fact I know they are, maybe Ill explain later. Anyway when and if they are going to release the 5000 anytime soon, What are they going to do about all the people with deposits on 4500's that have been waiting for months?. Would it be fair to release the 5000 with so many paid customers waiting months on the their 4500's? Now a deal is a deal, and the people that put up their money as deposits for a 4500's agreed that there could be a long wait but, To be fair to their customers and to their dealers I think Minelab should offer to those customers waiting with paid deposits on 4500's a free upgrade to a 5000 if they Minelab cant deliver the 4500's before releasing the 5000.

Minelab is boasting about projected record profits to their stock holders (see my links) I don't think this upgrade offer is hardly going to bankrupt them. but it will make a lot of past and possible future customers happy and take some of this BS off their dealers backs.... and I'd have to agree with Minelabs profit predictions, with all the wars going on (mine detectors) and the price of gold (gold detectors) and generally speaking building some of the best detectors in the world, I don't see (Codan/Minelab) going belly up anytime soon and if your looking to make a quick buck consider buying Codan/Minelab stock/shares!. it has about doubled in the last eight months.

http://quote.morning...4&byrefresh=yes

take care all, AzNuggetBob

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I don't want everything to think it's "K," cause I didn't say a dealers name, nor do I know the exact dealer. I just heard about it and figured it was a pretty true story. I think it's a bit unfair to other dealers and customers, but it's said and done. I heard the dealer got most of the money up front before Minelab would allow such an order to ship.

As for the GPX-5000, if they call it that, I doubt we will see it anytime soon. As long as there are backoders on the GPX-4500's I don't see anything new coming out. However, once the rush stops and the detectors are available again, it could happen at that time.

I'm curious what a new detector will have ... :huh:

Rob Allison

ROB, it will prob. have someone from Sudan running it! Ha! Ha! and yes you never said WHO the dealer was, I'm not Dumb, and the folks that are on the forum are not either, it takes a dealer with BIG BUCKS and a Damned good line of credit to do 200 4500's. Its a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. Grubstake

PS. K advertises as the biggest detector sales in the USA, Not the best. We know your the best!

Yo Bob & All...I'm certainly no expert on such things but if you look at Codan's performance over the past 10 years, a guy would not have done so well when you compare the dollars decline and the Codan/ML stock performance...Last year, yep, but longer term not so much...Cheers, Unc

Largo as I understand it and as has already been suggested (the parting of the pie) quanity to some extent is bound by old dealer contracts and really leaves the dealers and to some extent Minelabs hands tied so to speak, and I would not doubt there are other legal issues. I think its obvious that some dealers care and some don't and Im referring to detector dealers in general. All I can say to prospective customers is go with a dealer that has a good track record of taking care of their customers.

I see your point Grubstake and I think it is a valid one. It would seem that the Sudanese just cant get enough of the batteries to go along with their new 4500's I'm going to take it a step further. If you look at the three links I posted earlier, youll see Minelab is working overtime cranking out gold machines. keeping in mind that they, Minelab are building all the GPX's in Australia, according to reliable sources, Now Im just guessing here, but lets say they are spending some of that overtime stock piling GPX 5000's which may also explain some of the shortages on the 4500's,

I hope your watching and listening Minelab, as a matter of fact I know they are, maybe Ill explain later. Anyway when and if they are going to release the 5000 anytime soon, What are they going to do about all the people with deposits on 4500's that have been waiting for months?. Would it be fair to release the 5000 with so many paid customers waiting months on the their 4500's? Now a deal is a deal, and the people that put up their money as deposits for a 4500's agreed that there could be a long wait but, To be fair to their customers and to their dealers I think Minelab should offer to those customers waiting with paid deposits on 4500's a free upgrade to a 5000 if they Minelab cant deliver the 4500's before releasing the 5000.

Minelab is boasting about projected record profits to their stock holders (see my links) I don't think this upgrade offer is hardly going to bankrupt them. but it will make a lot of past and possible future customers happy and take some of this BS off their dealers backs.... and I'd have to agree with Minelabs profit predictions, with all the wars going on (mine detectors) and the price of gold (gold detectors) and generally speaking building some of the best detectors in the world, I don't see (Codan/Minelab) going belly up anytime soon and if your looking to make a quick buck consider buying Codan/Minelab stock/shares!. it has about doubled in the last eight months.

http://quote.morning...4&byrefresh=yes

take care all, AzNuggetBob

Hi Uncle Ron, very good point. Codan is the real key to ML future, and two issues will be big for them.

1) The Africa market appears to be a typical Boom/Bust event. Codan can't sustain ML over long-haul by chasing erratic short-lived market sales like Sudan.

2) The bogus 4500's in market will really screw-up used 4500 machine sales for years (maybe decades) to come. ML had better figure out a way to isolate or ID those bogus products because the damage to ML down the road will kill 4500 sales and ML product reputation. (I'd suggest a ML 4500 serial number website listing valid 4500s. Anything not listed by ML is bogus.)

Keep Smiling... :)

Hi Ron I ran into this info doing some research. Im not a stock broker and Im not going to make predictions or recommendations on their stock. all Im saying is take a look at the numbers for yourself.

Mitkof Fritz Im always interested in other peoples ideas and I'm sure Minelab is too. but it seems to me that serial numbers posted online would be easier to fake than 4500's

I say buy from an established authorized Minelab dealer and you can be confident your getting genuine Minelab product new or used. its as simple as that. AzNuggetBob

Hi Bob, I'm having trouble seeing the logic here.

So next spring I'm on NuggetHunting forum "Classified" website. There is a used ML 4500 for-sale by Pete Smith. How to I discover if it's a fake or real 4500, Pete's asking price isn't germain. Do I ask for Pete's serial number and call ML??? How does the marketplace flag these fakes???

Of course after my purchase I send it to ML for repair and tune-up only to be told it's not a real ML 4500.

Enlighten me please...

If your buying used, Buy from longtime forum members, A check with ROB, will tell you if they can be trusted. I've been on the forums for years, I post on all forums under the same name Grubstake. If I'm selling or buying, from someone else, a forum member that I know or trust is the best way for me to deal. If New. ROB gets my business, just that simple, unless its something he doen't have. Grubstake

Hi Uncle Ron, very good point. Codan is the real key to ML future, and two issues will be big for them.

1) The Africa market appears to be a typical Boom/Bust event. Codan can't sustain ML over long-haul by chasing erratic short-lived market sales like Sudan.

2) The bogus 4500's in market will really screw-up used 4500 machine sales for years (maybe decades) to come. ML had better figure out a way to isolate or ID those bogus products because the damage to ML down the road will kill 4500 sales and ML product reputation. (I'd suggest a ML 4500 serial number website listing valid 4500s. Anything not listed by ML is bogus.)

Keep Smiling... smile.gif

Hi Mitkof Fritz you said "I'd suggest a ML 4500 serial number website listing valid 4500s" not a phone call to Minelab correct? I assumed you ment a public list of numbers website, anyway it may come down to buying from dealers only unless the sellers have a reputation on forums or where ever. No more craigs list,greedbay etc. or take your chances. but I do think confirming the serial #with Minelab directly is a good idea. AzNuggetBob

Yeh Bob, thats a good Ideal, and the way it could work, would not to have all the Serial#s displayed, but to have a site, where you would type in the model and the ser# on the box, and it would tell you if it was valid. On the other had, mine labs # plate is only paper, they need a engraving system to put the #'s on the box and inside too mabe. Grubstake