Ricks turn to kick some butt, broke in the pink pick on a nice nugget

Well LuckyLundy and I went out to our trusty dink patch today to try our luck. We had a great time, but I got my ass handed to me pretty good. I started off strong with a 1dwt nugget, then Lucky got into the heart of the dinks and started plucking them up one after another. He got one nice nugget that was 1.6dwt one of the larger nuggets pulled off this little patch and seven dinks. One of my prospecting buddies let me use his video camera so I was able to get mine on video. Its not very good but my first time trying. Hope you enjoy. Oh and I think the total weight was 4.5dwt

10Nov09LilShovelPatchScale.jpg

10Nov09LilShovelPatchCoil.jpg

Today, was one of them days...I should buy a Lotto Ticket! Every direction I went I'd pull one out. It was like one of them fishing days. Jeff & I have the same detector and using the same coil...I guess I was holding my mouth different! Your turn next buddy...Until our next hunt! Great video...to bad I was busy 100 yards away!

LuckyLundy

Lol you guys are awesome! My god! I think i jinxed you last time.

Well LuckyLundy and I went out to our trusty dink patch today to try our luck. We had a great time, but I got my ass handed to me pretty good. I started off strong with a 1dwt nugget, then Lucky got into the heart of the dinks and started plucking them up one after another. He got one nice nugget that was 1.6dwt one of the larger nuggets pulled off this little patch and seven dinks. One of my prospecting buddies let me use his video camera so I was able to get mine on video. Its not very good but my first time trying. Hope you enjoy. Oh and I think the total weight was 4.5dwt

10Nov09LilShovelPatchScale.jpg

10Nov09LilShovelPatchCoil.jpg

Boy it is hard to get a weekend at home with posts like this. After reading i scheduled myself friday till monday still hunting for my first patch. Any tips on the research would help. All week i study my gold, forest service and topo maps. Then i check the LR 2000 to make sure it is claim free. Last i look a google earth then head out. Found the one nugget in a dry creek bed. Hit the side hills probly 5 days no patch i can find. Anything you can ad to my method? Should i looking for access on private land? By the way i like the pick.

Keep the Pics. comming

Matt

I always end up back to the spot but no more luck yet. The rain filled all the low spots with water including the one i found the nugget in. The hills are almost straight up and down but i keep trying there has to be somthing else there. Maybe i could get you guys to meet me there some time. Get a few detectors going better chance at finding a patch i would guess. Yes i am looking were gold was found before. Last trip found a small creek had rocks stacked on the sides. Found a couple of old boot tacks. I did further research when i got home and found the area was known not to have much gold. they say the chinese worked it some. The week end before i got a 5 mile hike in and found an old hard rock mine. Was pretty cool, old stamp mill was still there along with an old cabin . Have you had any luck around old mines. I figure if they were crushing the quartz to get the gold probly not a lot of detectable placer. I did not get to detect it was a real steep hike. 7 hour round trip. I will find a patch just a mater of time. Thanks for the advice

Matt