where's my nugget?

i see all these pics of you guys finding nuggets and wonder if i am doing something wrong. i have been searching for about a year and nothing but trash. i live around auburn and would like to go with someone with more experiance. if anyone wants to go, i can drive and would like to meet someone to detect with. it's just a matter of time till a get my nug. have 5 days off starting friday if anyone is interested. thanks and good luck.

Calihunter. You certainly live in a good area. Your biggest challenge will be the trash you mentioned and access to some good spots. Much of the motherlode country is privately owned . I would research looking for a producing area that is on National forest land. If it is claimed, try to contact the owner of the claims and get permission to hunt there, same goes for the private land. A landowner might be open to a split of any gold found with the gold price so high. You probably haven't been doing anything wrong as far as the detecting goes, just need to get in the right place.----Bob

i see all these pics of you guys finding nuggets and wonder if i am doing something wrong. i have been searching for about a year and nothing but trash. i live around auburn and would like to go with someone with more experiance. if anyone wants to go, i can drive and would like to meet someone to detect with. it's just a matter of time till a get my nug. have 5 days off starting friday if anyone is interested. thanks and good luck.

Calihunter, :D It only took me 2 months to find the silver dog, but it took me a yr. to find my first gold nugget, and now if I don't find one each time that I go out, then I am upset. If you follow Bob's advice, then you can't go wrong. Don't give up, you are in a great area. Doug

Hey calihunter

Have you planed out your 5 days off for nugget hunting yet? I have a spot i have researched, a spot that may be good. there is a old mine near by and tons of quarts. I went there last time i was out and just hiked it, really steep and brushy but may pan out. I will probly detectet it on my trip this weekend. If you want to PM me I can tell you were it is and see if you think it is worth a try. Two beepers are better than one looking for a patch. Let me know. I will not have computor after tomorrow morning when i leave for the hills.

Matt

Hey calihunter

Have you planed out your 5 days off for nugget hunting yet? I have a spot i have researched, a spot that may be good. there is a old mine near by and tons of quarts. I went there last time i was out and just hiked it, really steep and brushy but may pan out. I will probly detectet it on my trip this weekend. If you want to PM me I can tell you were it is and see if you think it is worth a try. Two beepers are better than one looking for a patch. Let me know. I will not have computor after tomorrow morning when i leave for the hills.

Matt