Lost treasures website

Not talking about winning, although it would be nice, just the over all web is always down, for days and errors on the contest site. Lets see, I've been entering now for every day for about 6 years, never won a detector either. So you figure it out. better chances of hitting the lotto. No I like in stories, but now they make you pay to get the whole text. And therer magazine is more advertising than stories. Grubstake

Not talking about winning, although it would be nice, just the over all web is always down, for days and errors on the contest site. Lets see, I've been entering now for every day for about 6 years, never won a detector either. So you figure it out. better chances of hitting the lotto. No I like in stories, but now they make you pay to get the whole text. And there magazine is more advertising than stories. Grubstake

I agree that it has deteriorated. I've skipped looking at it for a month or so now doing other things, and got an email about a "special" detector contest. I tried to log on and can't now and they have changed the site too. When I sighed up and paid my money in April or there abouts, I had to wait nearly 2 months to start getting the printed magazine AND the online version. When I finally was allowed to access the online version and copied and pasted the login information into the name of my Internet Explored bookmark for the site. Now that information does not work. I guess I will have to go round and round with them again to get things right.

Grubstake,

I agree with what you all have had to say, so far.

I haven't kept any records that would allow me to say how long I have been a LT subscriber, except that I can say it has been around 8yrs. In that entire

period I saw the telltale signs that the publication might be in decline: Sending out subscription renewals when there are 2 & 1/2yrs left on the current

subscription; Poorly written articles presented to the reader; Articles published, obviously altered to omit information, to cause the interested reader to have

to purchase more information from LT; And their most recent move to, even though you have subscribed to the magazine, you have to subscribe the web

site to receive the exact same information that is published in the magazine. In addition their Q & A section, LT's answers are lacking in substantiative

information and in many cases kissed off, with a cheep answers.

I'd be willing to bet their subscriptions have dropped of dramatically in recent years, even though figures of this nature can be skewed by methods of how

information is gathered and presented.

The only reason I keep my subscription current is that a sane publisher would see the magazine's problems and step in with professional assistance, to insure

the publications survival. I'll keep my subscription for one more time, but if they don't clean-up their act, that's the end. Nobody likes to be ripped off!

Dean

I know it takes money to run a website, but there is way beyond that, before it was down for days and weeks, sent them email and get a smart ass responce. I'll stick to ICMJ, at least they print the truth, and good articles, Not stuff made up by people like olo.Grubstake{not to be confused by me Grubstake} Even Jim Striaght's article haven't been published in Lost Tresure for awhile, at least he had good imformation on How and where to look for gold. Its Lost Treasure Loss. Grubstake