My Early Christmas Gift

All of us Western State prospectors got hit with a good storm last weekend and more on their way to end the week with. Quality detecting sometimes is at a premium during the Winter months. El Dorado, wanted a break at looking at all the snow around his house in the high country, so we set up a hunt for today. Even though we are having record breaking low temps in the lower foothills and some heavy frost, he was still game. We hit one of our favorite patches, he went one way and I another. I thought I'd detect and area that has alot of oldtimer trash to warm the blood up. It was around my 25th target, it sounded solid and I dug it out, thinking it was another chunk of metal. Out of the hole and into my scoop, a couple of handfuls off the top the target was still in my scoop. Shaking the 1/3 full scoop into my hand, I heard something hitting the plastic and then I felt some added weight at the end. Still thinking it was a chunk of metal, I moved the dirt with my fingers. Whoa!, Wow! It was a fat one, and Steve no-where in sight. I enjoyed it for several minutes and dug another 25 targets searching for it's twin! No-luck, but I know it's around in all that trash...another day! A couple hours later I ran into Steve. He showed me his nugget (.9 dwt) first! I'm sure you could here Steve's reaction a mile away! It hit the scale at 16.6 dwt's and a little bath it lost some weight 16.5 dwt's or 25.7 grams. Steve & I, had a blast this morning with a good hike and laughs...Thanks for the extra Mojo Steve. Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

9Dec09GregDitch166dwtInHand.jpg

9Dec09GregDitch166dwtOnScale-1.jpg

Guest dennis sanders
DigDeep,

Yep, trash is part of the game...I always look forward to hunt a spot with no-trash! Them big magnets speed recovery time up, which ends with more time detecting for the next target. Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

thats one thing about ole steve he sure knows where to go hygrading at...nice find

Whats up with the sly remarks Dennis, you get on the forum and make remarks about Steve a long time forum member and a friend of mine and many others, and you have only made 7 posts. Steve{Eldorado, has helped out many on this forum, me included, I really don't think he deserves, that remark. Grubstake

I'll also say, I don't know if you were kidding or not, but to say someone is a high grader, is bad, either way.

Guest dennis sanders
Whats up with the sly remarks Dennis, you get on the forum and make remarks about Steve a long time forum member and a friend of mine and many others, and you have only made 7 posts. Steve{Eldorado, has helped out many on this forum, me included, I really don't think he deserves, that remark. Grubstake

I'll also say, I don't know if you were kidding or not, but to say someone is a high grader, is bad, either way.

sly remark? ive heard steve is a good hunter knows where to get good gold and that looked like a nice piece of hygrade....ile make no more coments to anyones finds..to all have a great x mas

Its that the word Highgrader, is a mining term meaning, that he stoled it from somewhere he was not supposed to be. Its a bad way to say someone got a nice nugget. Grubstake

In the old days, miners were working for pay in someone else's mine, would sometimes hit a highgrade pocket, they would hide or take the gold, without give it to the mine owner. Thus they were called highgraders. I know Steve was invited down to where he found his big one. By Luckylundy, so I know his gold was not HIGHGRADED. Maybe you just made a post with a bad choise of words. Not trying to cause a ruckus. Just saying Steve is not a highgraded. Grubstake

All of us Western State prospectors got hit with a good storm last weekend and more on their way to end the week with. Quality detecting sometimes is at a premium during the Winter months. El Dorado, wanted a break at looking at all the snow around his house in the high country, so we set up a hunt for today. Even though we are having record breaking low temps in the lower foothills and some heavy frost, he was still game. We hit one of our favorite patches, he went one way and I another. I thought I'd detect and area that has alot of oldtimer trash to warm the blood up. It was around my 25th target, it sounded solid and I dug it out, thinking it was another chunk of metal. Out of the hole and into my scoop, a couple of handfuls off the top the target was still in my scoop. Shaking the 1/3 full scoop into my hand, I heard something hitting the plastic and then I felt some added weight at the end. Still thinking it was a chunk of metal, I moved the dirt with my fingers. Whoa!, Wow! It was a fat one, and Steve no-where in sight. I enjoyed it for several minutes and dug another 25 targets searching for it's twin! No-luck, but I know it's around in all that trash...another day! A couple hours later I ran into Steve. He showed me his nugget (.9 dwt) first! I'm sure you could here Steve's reaction a mile away! It hit the scale at 16.6 dwt's and a little bath it lost some weight 16.5 dwt's or 25.7 grams. Steve & I, had a blast this morning with a good hike and laughs...Thanks for the extra Mojo Steve. Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

9Dec09GregDitch166dwtInHand.jpg

9Dec09GregDitch166dwtOnScale-1.jpg

Nice job Lucky, Now go find the big one. Doug :rolleyes: