New Forum Upgrade

Rob. You currently have 4 topics at the top of the forum. I called them stickies, they are labelled HOT TOPICS in pale green boxes. On the previous format there was a dividing line between those and current threads. It's no big deal, but they tend to blend in with the current threads for us with old eyes. Three of them are your ads and one addresses login procedures. The ads and login procedure should definately be there but most of us oldtimer members have read them. By dividing them they would be more obvious to newbies and people looking for a coil or detector and stand out better, a plus for you (marketing)and those of us who want to go to the most current thread could more easily pick our starting places as we go to the forum discussions. A small thing but more user freindly. ----Bob

Rob,

Since I have high speed Internet, your changes really don't affect me. I have Foxfire and Google Chrome that connect me much faster than Internet Explorer 8 browser! For me the changes are cosmetic, for others that have only have dial-up service available it's life changing. If there is a way to provide better service to these people, then by all means do it. Thanks, and in the interest of site security I understand your reason for updating.

h20prospector

Hey Rob, The only thing I can see on the sticky seperation thing is that the background colors are almost the same and maybe some monitors don't show the seperation well??? I could see how someone might think the colors are the same. Or maybe the eyesight isn't so good anymore... :rolleyes:

Steve

• Admin

Hello All,

I'm still slowing working on stuff, so give me some time to get most of the bugs out. There is a lot more user control on this newer version along with a bunch more admin control. I still haven't found any solid solution for dial-up users. I would take Gaine's suggestion along with some others to get your dail-up to work faster.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the validation. I am finally able to join in the raindeer games. I am new to this web site and it looks great. It's easy to read and see, for us older folks with corrected eye sight. I didn't see the old site, so I can't judge one site from the other. I am on dial up and so far, my PC seems to handle everything pretty good. I like it. I wish you well and Merry Christmas. ... Roland ...