Hey guys got another question: Like i said earlier i'm new to the detecting end of prospecting and plan to buy 2 machines in the spring when things thaw out up here a little. ( -24 this morning ) I was reading one of the other forums and a guy mentioned he was looking to buy a certain FISHER unit but didn't want a CHINESE made unit. Is FISHER made in china now? Does anyone know if any of the whites, minelab, or tesoro machines are made over there. I want nothing to do with any chinese made units and this guy asking about the fisher spooked me a little . Hope it's not true! dirty ike

China makes the goldsnoop,which has a small following in Australia...mostly just an entry level beeper...some have done well on coins and sometimes nuggets.The quality may depend on which model snoop and if the factory worker got paid or not.

No not yet, there made in Texas, by bounty hunterAka Texas instraments. Grubstake

Whites are made in Oregon, Tesroro is made in az.

grubstake,

I can't believe it, you have diplomatic qualities--any progress on the other front?

Dean

Yeh Dean, I go to the bariatric surgon on the 30th of this month. My uncle is coming over tomarrow, and really early SAT. we are going to hunt some private property up at Big Oakflat, he has the keys to the gate and permission slip. twenty acs. that have all the brush cleared and has two mines on it, and it borders BLM and national forst, so if we don't get rained out, atleast we will get it checked out. Long drive over, but atleast is a new place, and no one else can get into it. Grubstake

Yeh Dean, I go to the bariatric surgon on the 30th of this month. My uncle is coming over tomarrow, and really early SAT. we are going to hunt some private property up at Big Oakflat, he has the keys to the gate and permission slip. twenty acs. that have all the brush cleared and has two mines on it, and it borders BLM and national forst, so if we don't get rained out, atleast we will get it checked out. Long drive over, but atleast is a new place, and no one else can get into it. Grubstake