The Good Old Days in the Arizona Goldfields

• Admin

Hello All,

Here are some pictures from the Arizona Goldfields back in the day. Just thought you would like to see my ugly butt since I'm in all the pictures. These are all taken back when the Minelab SD2000 and SD2100 were around.

AZNuggetBob - Do the tunnels look familiar? :) I promise I never found a thing in them ... :rolleyes:

Thought you might enjoy.

Rob Allison

I BELIEVE I HAVE BEEN IN THAT AREA A FEW TIMES. I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE LEFT JUST A LITTLE BIT THERE. IVE SEEN THAT BACKDROP A FEW HUNDRED TIMES AND NOW REALIZE HOW GOOD A JOB YOU DID. I WONDERED WHO NOW I KNOW GOOD JOB I HOPE THERE IS A LITTLE MORE AROUND OUT THERE I'M STILL LOOKING ENJOYED THE PICTURES OH BY THE WAY (QUESTION) DO YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW IF THERE MIGHT BE A HEAD SET AVILABLE , SOMETHING LIKE THE T.V. EARS THEY HAVE FOR T.V. THAT WOULD WORK FOR A MINELAB? THOSE T.V. EARS WORK SO GOOD . I WEAR HEARING AIDS SO I CAN USE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET. WOULD ENJOY HEARING BACK ON THIS IF YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW WHO KNOWS I MIGHT EVEN BE ABLE TO HEAR SOME OF THOSE FAINT LITTLE SOUNDS DOWN THEIR THAT IM OBVIOUSLY MISSING. THANKS NUGGET MAN

Nugget Man You cant find them all, Rob showed me that in those tunnels. Im sure there are still some nuggets left. Rob is a detector dealer and a very good one. I'm sure he can get you a good set of headphones that will help you find more nuggets. good luck to ya, AzNuggetBob

Hello All,

Here are some pictures from the Arizona Goldfields back in the day. Just thought you would like to see my ugly butt since I'm in all the pictures. These are all taken back when the Minelab SD2000 and SD2100 were around.

AZNuggetBob - Do the tunnels look familiar? :) I promise I never found a thing in them ... :rolleyes:

Thought you might enjoy.

Rob Allison

I'll be darned! I actually know two of those guys in the first picture. Majuba Tom and Frenchy. Tom still gets out and hunts with us occasionally. Haven't seen Frenchy in a few years but I know he's still out there. Prefers to hunt alone now.

Digger Bob

Hi Rob,

Bill has lost quite a bit of weight since then. I stay in touch with him to this day. I don't think Bill ever reads any forums, but I know he would enjoy seeing that picture with you. I'm currently detectorless at this time. I think I made a mistake selling my 4500, and miscalculated the approximation arrival time of the GPX-5000 coming out. With all the back orders, I could be in a hole for a while, but knowing my luck, if I were to purchase another 4500 the 5000 would pop out into production, so I will give it a little more time.

Do you have any other old pictures like those around? I remember Floyd to. What about Richard from Rock Springs? I hunted with him a few times. Enjoyed the pics.

Take Care,

Markus Arrelious

• Admin

Hey Guys,

DiggerBob - Yep that is those guys. Frenchy is still out in the hills. I hear from him every so often. I think he enjoys camping and prospecting alone, but I have to say he's a great guy to be around.

AZNuggetBob - No, that is not Floyd. The guy on the very right is Jim "Frenchy" French." A great friend and spends most of his time in Nevada nuggetshooting.

Mark - Ya, I see Bill every so often around Congress, Arizona. I know he still gets out, cause I just seen a nice 1/3 ouncer he found. Looks like the gold from one of your patches on the North side of the hill. I have some pictures of Floyd Allen and Richard Doherty when we hunted together, but they are old 35mm pictures. I will have to dig some out and post them.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob Its fun looking at some of these old photo's. Bill stopped by a couple weeks ago just to shoot the breeze and get my opinion on a Octave token he found, and see if I was up to a little nugget huntin. We did real good last time we went out. We pounded some old patches and found four nuggets combined for a little over an ounce. anyway has anyone seen or heard from Bruce Coyle or Downyville Tom lately?

BTW Rob I had a blast last weekend out at your latest spot, Im looking forward to coming out again sometime. :) AzNuggetBob

Hey Bob,

Great to hear "Turkey Talker" is still hitting the goldfields. I would love to hit some of those old patches we talked about. I need a break away from the "latest spot." Oh wait, I sold my GPX-4500 ..... :wacko:

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Well there you have it folks, the 5000 is just around the cornner. :rolleyes:

Bunk

Hey Rob We can go out and hit a few patches as soon as you get finished with your move. maybe youll have a new 4500 by then. I know of about 53 patches in the Rich hill area some that have never been published. but I dont have access to all of them (new owners) maybe you know the claim owners or we could hit another area. I showed Bill a couple patches, one he didnt know it was there. he said he had drove right past it for years, but I have to say its hard to see (brushy) So far it hasn't been found by the (patch hackers) you know what I mean "those people" that cut out all the brush, cactus and generally tear up an area and piss the the land owners off and get everyone thrown out. anyway enough venting, I'll give you a call. AzNuggetBob

• Admin

Hey Bob,

It would be fun to hit some of the old patches at Rich Hill and see what the GPX-4500 and your SD will find. Maybe a GPX-5000 will be out by then. I know exactly what you mean about the patches being tore up. I know an older guy (you know him also) that worked a spot near the Johnson and tore it up. Once other guys found out about him working it, they tore out every weed, brush and shrub in the area. You can now see the patch 1/4 away if you know where to look.

Talk with you later,

Rob Alison

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Ok, here is the deal on my GPX-4500 that was sold. I had a customer that needed a GPX-4500 in a pinch, so he begged me to sell my used one for a very good price. I didn't want to sell my personal unit, since I won't have anything to use for the time being. The price was right and I needed some cash for the new move. It just made sense to sell it, but now I wish I had it back.

On another note, I know when a dealer sells their detectors, someone will jump the gun and think well he knows something. It's a no-brainer that a new unit will come out, probably called the GPX-5000. However, with the GPX-4500's selling as they are (1,000's on backorder), it wouldn't make good business sense to release another detector when they can't even manufacture enough 4500's right now.

Also, a word to the wise, be careful purchasing any GPX-4500's from a non-dealer. There are fake GPX-4500's being built right now (due to the demand) and many of the coils, batteries and accessories from Minelab are being used on these fake GPX-4500's to make them look like the real deal. This is really all I know, so I'm just tossing it out there.

Take care,

Rob Allison