Started my new poke for the month with a monster!

Well Lucky had started his new poke for the month, so I called him up last night to see if he wanted to go back out today. It wasn't long before I picked up my first nugget small .2dwt. After digging a bunch of trash I moved to a new area and picked up my second nugget .7dwt. Soon after my second nug I get a real faint target. I don't know why but I had a gut feeling that it was a nugget. I dug down about 12" and my target was just blasting my ear drums. I thought for a second it was a square nail but kept by fait. After digging about 6" into the sticky gray clay, I caught a glimps of gold. It looked to be about 4 or 5 pennyweight. When I started pulling the nugget out of the clay it kept coming. "Holy Shit!" I yelled. This nugget was huge! I yelled over to Rick who had already heard me carrying on and I showed him the nugget. It was 25.2dwt my biggest nugget to date. I'm in the 1oz club now and it feels great. My birthday is next Tuesday and couldn't ask for a better present. I'm on cloud nine and will be for some time. Here is a picture of the nugget hope you all enjoy...

Well Lucky had started his new poke for the month, so I called him up last night to see if he wanted to go back out today. It wasn't long before I picked up my first nugget small .2dwt. After digging a bunch of trash I moved to a new area and picked up my second nugget .7dwt. Soon after my second nug I get a real faint target. I don't know why but I had a gut feeling that it was a nugget. I dug down about 12" and my target was just blasting my ear drums. I thought for a second it was a square nail but kept by fait. After digging about 6" into the sticky gray clay, I caught a glimps of gold. It looked to be about 4 or 5 pennyweight. When I started pulling the nugget out of the clay it kept coming. "Holy Shit!" I yelled. This nugget was huge! I yelled over to Rick who had already heard me carrying on and I showed him the nugget. It was 25.2dwt my biggest nugget to date. I'm in the 1oz club now and it feels great. My birthday is next Tuesday and couldn't ask for a better present. I'm on cloud nine and will be for some time. Here is a picture of the nugget hope you all enjoy...

Congratulations!! I can just imagine the feeling you had - well, actually I can't.

You and Lucky really epitomize what nugget hunters are, and should be - relentless!! Again congratulations.

h20prospector

Jeff, perseverence to endeavor! You stayed with it and powered through a tough dry spell without any big nuggets. Now everything is going to seem like a dink, you can relax for a few hunts and then focus on the next big one! Todays nugget had your name on it for a million years...took you long enough to find it! Welcome to the "One Ounce Club" and to many more lunkers to come. Until our next hunt!

Your Buddy,

LuckyLundy

Congradulations Nuggetslayer. That is a tough club to get membership into. I have been at this game for a few years, but still have not got one solid gold nugget over the ounce mark. I don't count the specimens, even if they have multi ounces contained in them and I have had over an ounce days also. I am sure you will never forget it and hope you do it again.

Cheers,

Matt