Lost Basin AZ

Well finally got out and about, decided to go to Lost Basin just over the mountain from Gold Basin. The area is rather compact compared to the open spaces of Gold Basin. All kinds of colorful quartz on the ground, iron weed and a lot of trash too! Looks very favorable. All the detectorest were very friendly and like to talk. Some pictures of the area included. Weather 71 degrees! But, I kick myself in the ass for losing my test nugget! Fell out somewhere on the north side near MPA claim....If anyone finds a round plastic flat pill container with a 1.8 gram nugget inside please let me know! Guido

post-21178-126612163541_thumb.jpg

post-21178-126612165326_thumb.jpg

The test nugget must have popped out of my pocket during a rest or when I pulled my digging spoon out...Yes...resting can be a uncomfortable experience. Soft sand is about as good as it gets. If you dont walk away too far from the truck you can rest in it...sometimes I walk in a circle back to the truck if the terrain lets me do that and nothing makes me deviate off track, also guys there at Lost Basin have many homes and properties in the neighborhood and I have heard they are very vocal so watch where you are at! Plan to be back Monday...Guido

• Admin

Hey Guido,

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Damn, sucks you lost your test nugget.

Let me tell you a quick story about losing your poke -

This goes back about ten years or so at Rich Hill. I managed to find a nice patch at the end of one summer day. I just hit the patch when the Sun was going down below Rich Hill. As much as I hated to leave, I had other obligations I had to do that night. Trust me, the entire evening and night I thought about this new patch and what it might hold. The next morning I left my house at 3am to make sure I was back on the patch at 5am (Sunrise). During the drive out there my mind was playing tricks on me. You start thinking that someone might have seen you when you left and if there might be dozens of detector digs there before you get back. Trust me; gold does funny things to you..... huh?

I spent about four hours pounding this new patch and found just over 2 ounces of nice nugget gold. By around 10am it was getting hot and I felt I covered the majority of this patch. I went back to the truck and placed my nugget pouch with all the nuggets on the rear bumper. I spent about 5 minutes getting the truck's AC running and covered myself in water. I proceeded to jump in the truck and take off (did I forget something ...?). I was just about home, which was probably a good hour or so from Rich Hill and remembered I didn't have my poke! Oh shit.... I remember I left it on the bumper. Long story short, I flipped a U-turn and went back and found the poke right in the middle of the road I parked on. I just about lost 2 ounces of nugget gold, but luckily if fell off right where I parked.

Just thought you might enjoy.

Rob Allison

Hey Guido,

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Damn, sucks you lost your test nugget.

Let me tell you a quick story about losing your poke -

This goes back about ten years or so at Rich Hill. I managed to find a nice patch at the end of one summer day. I just hit the patch when the Sun was going down below Rich Hill. As much as I hated to leave, I had other obligations I had to do that night. Trust me, the entire evening and night I thought about this new patch and what it might hold. The next morning I left my house at 3am to make sure I was back on the patch at 5am (Sunrise). During the drive out there my mind was playing tricks on me. You start thinking that someone might have seen you when you left and if there might be dozens of detector digs there before you get back. Trust me; gold does funny things to you..... huh?

I spent about four hours pounding this new patch and found just over 2 ounces of nice nugget gold. By around 10am it was getting hot and I felt I covered the majority of this patch. I went back to the truck and placed my nugget pouch with all the nuggets on the rear bumper. I spent about 5 minutes getting the truck's AC running and covered myself in water. I proceeded to jump in the truck and take off (did I forget something ...?). I was just about home, which was probably a good hour or so from Rich Hill and remembered I didn't have my poke! Oh shit.... I remember I left it on the bumper. Long story short, I flipped a U-turn and went back and found the poke right in the middle of the road I parked on. I just about lost 2 ounces of nugget gold, but luckily if fell off right where I parked.

Just thought you might enjoy.

Rob Allison

Oh man...That would have freaked me out and cussing like a sailor! $$&^$@%**&%$%! Thank God you got your poke back! If you went back later I bet it would have been gone! I cannot imagine losing something like that! Yesterday I tried to find it and double back as much as I could to find mine. Never did...I should be back tomorrow, but I wont be in that part of Lost Basin. I will consider it a write off. That mountain owes my ass and it will pay! I'm supposed to find gold, not leave it! Guido